Monday, February 06, 2012

New Ring, Old Bling, Same Meaning

I love my engagement ring. I think The Husband is a man of good taste in jewellery (who knows mine as well) because of the ring setting he chose when he proposed to me with a solitaire, back in 2010. Unfortunately, after wearing it together with my wedding ring for awhile now, I've come to realise that the two don't quite go very well together. :-/


Because of the difference in style – my engagement ring is set in a twisted band, while my wedding ring is set in a straight line – they tend to knock into each other whenever I move my fingers. To add to that, because of the difference in metal – my engagement ring is set in white gold but the wedding ring is a platinum band – the platinum band has begun to scratch the white gold one, leaving unsightly "scars" along the side.


So after months and months of consideration,
I decided to swap the slim, twisted band...


OLD setting of the engagement solitaire with my wedding band.


...into a thicker, straight one.


NEW setting of the engagement solitaire with my wedding band.


And now, I can't seem keep my eyes off my left hand! The ring looks so familiar, yet so different at the same time! And I think the quick wash at the jeweller's has something to do with how shiny it suddenly is now. Haha. Oh well, looks like my heart warmed up to the new setting faster than I'd imagined! =p


Oh, and here are some pictures I took of the GIA engraving on my solitaire. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it through a super microscope while I was checking on the workmanship. So fine and tiny! @_@


Through the looking glass.

Zoomed in a million times.

21 comments :

Melissa said...

Good choice! :) Your bling looks even more gorgeous now!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
- Thanks!! I really like the new combination. Can't stop glancing at my left hand! Hahahaha. Wth.

Melissa said...

Hahaha. I get you and do not think that you are (in any possible way) weird. :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Hahahaha. I'm sure you'll do it too when your turn comes along. =p

Melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA. {blushes} Urm.... Maybe. :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Alah sure wan la. Looks like EVERYBODY and ANYBODY can get married these days. *snorts* Why not you? =p

Melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHA. Not my time of day just yet. :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– In His time, my friend. All in His time. =p

Melissa said...

Yes yes yes, that's what everyone says. {grunts}

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– True ma! Haha. *sings* Cos the Bible tells me sooooo... =p

Melissa said...

Clever girl... *pats on the head* :p Ahhh, one more day till I see you!!! :DDDDD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– ONE MORE DAY YO!!!

Melissa said...

FEW! MORE! HOURS!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Over and done with! Chapter closed. Or is it that a new chapter has opened? Hahahaha.

maul12212 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maul12212 said...

What kind of ring is the twisted one?! I have been looking for this style forever!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: maul2212
– Haha. I have no idea what it's called but I believe the jeweler referred to it as a 4-prong twist band.

Bridget said...

You’ve given your engagement ring a whole new look! It was a smart decision to remold it so that it’ll match your wedding band beautifully. The new shape doesn’t look awkward now; it’s perfect! Your rings look gorgeous on your finger.

>Bridget Rossi

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Bridget
– Thanks, Bridget. I'm glad I decided to change the setting. No regrets!

Unknown said...

Diamonds are a girl’s best friend! I want to have a diamond too! Hmm. This inspired me more to work harder! Anyway, your two rings look really good in your hands!

-Paige Low

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Paige Low
– Haha. Yessss! Best friend indeed! Haha. Go buy your own or find a good man who will buy you one! =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!