Wednesday, February 01, 2012

When Two Or Three Are Gathered...

...girls talk.


Yes, we do. Whether we're friends or acquaintances; whether we're single, married or mummy-fied (harhar) we talk. And to be honest with you, I've never really felt a disconnect between me and my single friends or my friends who are married with kids, whether before I got married, or after I got married myself. But a mummy-fied friend of mine said something today that made me think.


You see, we were comparing notes
about ang pow-giving systems when this
popped into my conversation thread:




Really? :-/


Because I personally think that my single friends and I still talk just fine. Sure, I may not have all the time in the world to chill and hang out like I used to because, hey, I'm married and I've got a significant other to spend time with, care for and go home to. BUT... in terms of topics of conversation, there are still many to pick from whenever my single friends and I meet.


The bond that is built from having common interests, shared pastimes and having once walked the beaten path together is far stronger than the differences we have when it comes to marital status, no? Or am I just kidding myself by thinking that everything's the same when it's not? :-/ I thought it was only strangers that needed paperwork similarities to bond over; not true friends.

12 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

I'm sure one will definitely still talk about everything and anything with single, married or mummyfied friends. But I guess when friends with children gather, they're topic will also include their kids since all of them understand what each one is going through, no?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Well, I personally think it's ok to talk about marital status-related stuff when you're at the same juncture but... can talk about other stuff even if we're not at the same places in our lives, right? Like... urm... talk about cherries, for instance? =)

Zhen Ying said...

Of course we can talk about anything and everything wherever we are regardless we're in the same place or not. Exactly, like how we've been talking about cherries for awhile. Hahahaha.

Ps: what's the interesting story about cherries you wanna share with your readers?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– White cherries FTW!!

And I was supposed to blog about the cherries lah. But rancangan tergendala liao. Haha. Fail.

kellster said...

that one hour of us meeting up proved that we need a whole night proves it all :)
and yes im still waiting for my post dedicated to out meet up /flicks hair

Felicia Boo said...

Hahaha you ar... talk talk but next time will include topics about kids ma. It's true I tell you, when mothers gather, its KIDS topic!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: kellster
– HAHAHA. True dat! Eh, I published already lah. Haven't I?! @_@ I thought I remembered editing the pics!! @_@

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Felicia Boo
– Hahaha. When mothers gather ma. But if only one person is a mother then... tergendala liao. Haha.

Zhen Ying said...

You ya, rancangan selalu tergendala. Hahahahaha. Plan girl, plan. ;p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Hahaha. Will get to it over the long weekend... I hope. =p

kellster said...

pam: you edited to send to me got lah. BWUFF!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: kellster
– OH IZZIT??? Hahahahaha. No wonder I remember editing the pics. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!