Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Finest Berries In The World" Konon

After trying blueberries for the first time a month ago, I fell into instant love with those little blue bite-sized fruits. But as quickly as I fell in love (more like fell into infatuation =p), I just as conveniently forgot about them as soon as I came back down to KL. Until last Wednesday when Mimick brought some to work to bribe us with share.


 Blueberries from Mimick('s mother)!!!

This is Mimick... pretending to work.


So, on a whim, I ended up impulse purchasing a tiny box of blueberries for The Husband and I while grocery shopping at 1MK last night. (We eat fruits at home after dinner every day.) Got sidetracked by the imported fruit aisle before I even made it to the local fruit section, man. Haha. There were rows and rows of strawberries, raspberries, cherries and blueberries. I picked this one:


 Driscoll's Blueberries from USA.

 With the top open.


There was another brand on the shelf with bigger, rounder blueberries for sale, too, but they were significantly more expensive. RM24.95 – that's RM10 more for pretty much the same thing! The Penangite in me wouldn't allow it. So, I got this pack for just RM14.90. The only visible difference? The size. And... uh... size doesn't matter? =p


Washed blueberries in a bowl.

After a bite.


Funny but I always thought blueberries were like cherries or strawberries – the same colour on the outside as they are on the inside. Looks like I was wrong. =p


p/s: The blueberries weren't great. Some were sour. I won't be buying them again.

4 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

Blueberries in Msia are so expensive!!!!! Interesting that blueberries are imported from USA when its a summer berry. Must have been kept refrigerated for months @_@

ps: Liking your header lots. So relaxing and calming. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
- Yeah, they totally are. And whoaaaa... I didn't think of the time lapse! @_@

p/s: The header's just been explained. =)

Zhen Ying said...

LOL. I just read your explaination of your header.

Btw, I'm still waiting for your blog of a certain berry!!!! However, I'll wait patiently till you're free to do so since you've been inundated with tonnes of work. Such a considerate friend, eh? :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– LOL! I'll do it NOW!!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!