Monday, February 27, 2012

Bird Fever At Dorothy Perkins

On an exceptionally depressing Monday this month, while drowning in stress and adjusting to life as a working woman who earns enough to afford a maid but is expected to stay home and be a maid, I went shopping. Like, right after Sushi Zanmai lunch at Sunway Pyramid. Bad move on my part, to be honest. Cos it's ALWAYS bad to go shopping when the mind is weak and will is weaker. -_-'''


I ended up going home with two Dorothy Perkins' items I probably would have thought twice and thrice before buying if I had seen them at any other time. Not cos they're not things I wouldn't have liked, of course. But cos they both had birds on them. *cue shocked gasps from the crowd* Like, L-O-T-S of birds. :-/


My first purchase was a knee-length dress. Perfect for a nice dinner out, and still good for everyday wear to work. A decent buy in spite of the price tag IMHO but again, I'm surprised I actually bought this piece considering there are so many birds of every size and colour on them. Haha. Maybe the excellent cutting was just too good to let up and the birds just paled in comparison. =p


 One of the birds on my dress, up close.

Just a small portion of the dress near the waist.


The next item I didn't exactly plan on buying either. I just needed a little extra in order to qualify to become a Fashion Fast Forward member and get a 10% discount on these two items, PLUS every subsequent purchase I make throughout my lifetime, AND 20% off on my birthday month, too! @_@


So I impulse purchased these black flats.




As you can see, they are also filled with birds. :-/





I'm usually a 4 or a 5 at other shoe stores so it's pretty weird that I'm just a tiny 3 at Dorothy Perkins. Haha. Whatever the case, they fit and they're really, really comfortable. (No, I'm not just consoling myself.) Anyway, considering how quickly I seem to run through my black flats these days (an average of 1 every 3 months @_@ no kidding), an extra pair of black flatties is really no biggie for me. =)


Besides, maybe these two items will turn out to be
the investment that will help me get over my fear of birds! =D 

 HAHA. Yeah, right. =p

6 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

Good buy though. They're both really pretty.

You're not afraid of birds on print. I was so tempted to take a picture of a very handsome magpie this afternoon on the way home and sending it to you.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Haha. Thanks, babe!

And I don't like realistic looking birds. This kind kira ok. Cos they're illustrated. Haha.

Yerrr... magpies are scary. So big. They look like they could swallow me whole. @_@


ATTN: Cristeen
– Thanks! =) And no thanks to property in Delhi. =)

ming said...

uk size is always bigger la dear.. i also wear uk 4 only~~ hahaha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ming
– I don't get why they won't standardise it. Doesn't anybody communicate these days??

ming said...

there are 3 main different sizes that i know of..

uk, us, and europe..for shoes la.... =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ming
– Yeah. But so mafan. If only they'd standardise it. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!