Thursday, September 03, 2009

These Things I Miss

I miss The Back Row Committee. I miss our only-when-class-is-cancelled, mid-afternoon, weekday movies. At student price. I miss the cheap 60sen Roti Canai tambah kari manyak-manyak dinners with my girls. I miss our treat-ourselves-once-a-week KFC dinners. I miss playing charades and guess-the-movie-title games near the swings. I miss late-night heart-to-hearts at the playground.


I miss the student life I used to have. I miss hating 8AM classes. And walking in late. I miss taking notes in class. (And I remember how I never took notes during tuition class.) I miss cramming for exams. (1 night kautim all, next morning sit for exam, then forget everything by noon.) I miss staying up all night to rush assignments. But not because I miss the lack of sleep. But rather because I miss the people I stayed up with.


I miss the old office. The one right smack in the heart of KL along Jalan Sultan Ismail. The one on the 8th floor with the 8th floor garden. The same one that saw me through many a late night with The Art Guy, Ah Beng and Balala. I miss the good old days when drawing on walls was permitted. When rolling around in chairs and talking through cardboard tubes past midnight was sane. When self-expression was encouraged. I miss Jeh-Mee's Tele-Dog. And the communial Suicidal SM Rabbit. I miss the speedy lift that totally kicks this current lift's butt black and blue.


I miss the old place. I could cook there. American breakfast, chicken with potato, bayam kiam nui (Hokkien for "salted egg"), fried baby white pomfret, fried egg with long beans, herbal chicken soup – yums. I miss Shakey's fried chicken drumstick. I miss hot, soupy take-out dinners in front of the telly. I miss watching Kim Possible, Ghostbusters and Art Attack on ASTRO while lying stretched out on the blue and white striped sofa. I miss by-the-way shopping at Taipan. I miss bathing Baby at the porch. I miss the water pressure, thanks to the electronic pump outside.


I miss my family – Mee and Dee. I miss squeezing between them both at night, eating fruits/junk, while watching our DVD of choice. I miss the way Dee always hogs the pillows and steals the quilt. (THOU SHALL NOT PROVOKE YOUR CHILDREN SO STOP HOGGING THE PILLOWS AND STEALING THE QUILT!) I miss the way Mee lets me lean on her throughout the movie. I miss the knowing looks Dee and I share when Mee starts tearing. Then I miss the way she turns to us and whines, "So bad wan uh you all! No heart wan!"


Haha.

Good times, good times.

I'm sure there's more to this but...
Oh well. More to miss on another day.

7 comments :

nithyakuthiah said...

Song! * sniff sniff* I miss you, along with those times. My God, the playground, KFC and the assignments. And our debate team! SO the power!

Sigh. Good times.

And thank you for having lunch and dinner with me for the most part of the 2 years. Along with the food,were fond memories with a good friend. :)

You think the aunty still there ah? We go there eat one day?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: - nithya -
– NIT! Me misses yeeewww! Sigh. Those were some pretty good times we had, huh? And YES. We totally kicked butt with our debate team. Our opponents never stood a chance. Haha. (Who were our opponents ah? I can't remember already. I know the topic was football or something for the Prelims.)

And thank YOU for making my Diploma years wunnerful. My first friend in college. Haha. I still remember our first McDonald's meal. Haha. The beginning of a wonderful friendship right there, yo. =)

And about the chap fan aunty... She went bankrupt. I spoke to her. Haha. She invested in shares and lost everything so she had to sell the business. Now, she's working at USJ. Very near my old house. She's just waiting tables. Very sad.

BUT WE SHOULD STILL GO! Rafi's has seats with our names on them! Haha. Come! When?

You think the aunty still there ah? We go there eat one day?

nithyakuthiah said...

Anytime. You the busy copywriter. You lemme know when you are free. We shall have a date. ;)

test said...

u seem to miss lotsa thing but instead longing for the past what don't u just make new ones instead?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: - nithya -
– Haha. Ok! You on-call ok? =p


ATTN: Spectre
– Making new memories doesn't mean you forget the old. The more new ones I make, the more memories I collect, the more I miss. Simple equation, no?

Melsong said...

You made me cry!!!

I very missing you.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Haha. Then come down next weekend.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!