Friday, September 04, 2009

Fan Control 1.2 – The Best Mac App Ever!

If you're a Mac user who's always on your laptop's case for being too hot to be a real LAP-top, this is the perfect application for you.




(Sorry, not yet available in Snow Leopard yet.
Who ask you to itchy backside go upgrade so fast? =p)


It allows you to adjust the otherwise non-adjustable fan speed on your MacBook (Pro) depending on your current CPU temperature. The good thing about it is that it safely leaves the pre-installed automatic fan speed control intact so you'll never run the risk of frying your comp. Clever, hor? I don't need to teach you how to install, hor? You also clever, hor? Ya, I know you think you clever. Moving on.


So this is the default setting your Mac comes with.




Just use the sliders to change
your fan settings to match your use.


And don't bodoh bodoh go find the app in your Applications folder, ok? This smart app just automatically appears in your System Preferences after installation wan. =)




Download the FREE *cough*
Open Source *cough cough* app here.

9 comments :

陈一豪 said...

Ahem where did you get it from ey wtf.

Actually I doubt that it leaves the original control intact.

Check out the ending para where you have to reset your SMC.

test said...

lucky I don't own Mac. I *loan* it from friend XD muwahahha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陈一豪
– Hahaha. Xslimmer I got from you. (Which killed your VLC so I decided not to use it.) This, was DIY. Hahaha.

And resetting SMC is only for uninstalling. The original automatic fan speed control is kept intact for safety purposes.


ATTN: Spectre
– Haha. "Friend"? =p

Unknown said...

Nice fan control... i think i leave it to default. kakaka

Planning to get Snow Leopard... looking for ppl to share.. =(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
– The first guy who commented in this post wants to share Snow Leopard. =)

陈一豪 said...

No you can't share SL.

Reason is that if you're not staying under the same roof you can't do it.

Apple won't really check but I don't want to violate its trust and have it go all apeshit on CD-keys.

I'll buy the single user pack.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陈一豪
– Wah wah! Suddenly so good boy??? What's gotten into you? This isn't Yin Hao. WHERE IS YIN HAU!??

Unknown said...

This post is somewhat incorrect.

Fan Control 1.2 works perfectly fine on Snow Leopard.

Also of note, both of the popular modifications of Fan Control 1.2 work as well.

I refer to this "Extended" version (also available is a MBP version):

http://www.derman.com/iMac-Fan-Control

As well as this version that adds a wider range of lower fan speed thresholds. I prefer this version, myself:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20080711153203401

All versions tested and confirmed running flawlessly on a Mac Pro (8-core 2.8GHz) running 10.6.1.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: jed
– Whoopsie. I just assumed that it wasn't made for Snow Leopard cos there wasn't a stamp on the site that said it was. My bad. I'm not running on SL so I couldn't test it out either so... Thanks, Jed! =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!