Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stabbed 8x + ±25x... And Still Alive

So as most of you would have known (or guessed) by now, my back's been giving me problems since my return from Singapore. Lifted my luggage wrong and got stuck with an ache that somehow just refused to let up.


First stop in an attempt to tackle the problem? SJMC. Ang mor doctor – FAIL! Had to eventually resort to some old-fashioned Chinese therapy. But... although EASTERN DOCTOR #1 – PASS, it was just too much pain to bear! That's why I'm now on Eastern Doctor #2 and #3 – a set of VERY EXPENSIVE Taiwanese brothers who're currently based in a Chinese Therapy Centre in Taipan, USJ.


During my first visit, I made a special request to the people there to not work their acupuncture magic on me. (I takut jarum, you jangan ketawa.) But over the week, some friends somehow managed to convince me to go ahead with the treatment, saying that it wouldn't hurt as badly as my head tells me it would.


So, last weekend, during my second visit
to the centre... I kena cucuk.




8 acupuncture needles. 4 on my upper back (THROUGH MY T-SHIRT, CAN YOU BELIEVE THE KANG-HU???) and another 4 at my lower back. Like everybody assured me it wouldn't, the needles didn't really hurt going in. But after while, the 'sour' feeling in my bones just about paralysed me.


Don't ask me why there's a half-naked man in the background
with his underwear halfway down his arse. I dunno also.


Actually bones 'sour' until wanna die already
but still trying to buat macho. Haha. Fail.


I was actually still SMS-ing at the time those pictures were taken. Right up to the point when I couldn't hold my mobile right or press the keys without feeling like my arms were going to drop off like sour mangoes from a tree. -_-'


Nah. Show you close-up of the needles
that were pierced into my lower back.


The red light is crazy hot. Works like heat treatment.
Think my back is officially sunburnt now. -_-'


Damn deep, okayyy. Dun play play. The length of the part of the needle that was pierced into my body was about the same length as the handle.




I feel so macho now. Haha.


But that wasn't it. He started to perform Tui Na (Chinese: 推拏 or 推拿; pinyin: tuī ná) on me. Bones cracking all over. Then... I apparently had some stuff the doc needed to deal with around my neck, too. So the man had a ball of a time ruining my neck with Gua Sha (Chinese: 刮痧; pinyin: guā shā).




That's it lah. No more strappies;
only high-collared tops from now on. T_T


As you can see, I was back to SMS-ing at the time. Haha. But the doctor gave me the evil eye soon after, so I stopped after awhile. Haha. Better obey lest he cucuk me again. Nanti kena cucuk until cannot move like those pressure point kung fu masters I used to see in Wong Fei Hung and Fong Sai Yuk. Haha.


Think that's it? Think again!


After he was done with Gua Sha, he started STABBING ME *faints* with a tiny penknife-ish tool. WITHOUT WARNING ME! And like, over and over and over! No joke! I'd say I got stabbed about ±25 times in total, in that one session. Why? Cos he needed to do this:




Walauuu... can die. That was, without a doubt, the most painful part of the entire procedure. More so than the acupuncture session I had with him earlier. But... since I'M SO TOUGH, MACHO AND COURAGEOUS... *cough cough* ...I could take it. Heh.




Round 3 after work, one of these nights. Sigh. There goes another RM80 in exchange for more pain. Darn it, I feel like a masochist. -_-'


p/s: Oh, and the doc promised me that my 'battle scars' would go away in a maximum of 3-4 days. He lied. It's been more than 4 days and they're STILL THERE. T_T He obviously doesn't know how my skin reacts to abuse. It used to be a joke that if I ever got manhandled or mistreated, the guy wouldn't ever get away with it. The bruises would show his fingerprints on them. Haha.

25 comments :

sy1n said...

me faintsssss... please post a warning message and label it yellow laaaaa... check dis - http://pinkporkchop.blogspot.com/2009/05/no-more-qi-gong-therapy-no-waayyyy.html

The Author said...

Aisk.. this is scary... i don't like the acupuncture thingy but i love gua sha.. It's a miracle! i always feel good after gua sha, the back feels comfy.. btw the acupuncture hurt? and how's your back now?

alvinrox said...

Ouchie =X..
Speedy Recovery Pam !

zecount said...

how long and how many times need to do the procedure?? cos i think i need one too :0( my back's been killing me softly these few months

Unknown said...

wa... dirty blood..

take good care hor. Hope u are feeling much better now

estherlauderlyn said...

pam song! you is so brave! that looks really painful man haha didnt think you'd go to this extent man.

p/s you're still crazy.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sy1n
– HAHA. Chicken.


ATTN: Jan
– I haven't done gua sha before actually. Not the full back one. This was just targeted at my neck and no, it wasn't comfy. It was painful. =(

And the acupuncture not that pain. The end stabbing wan more painful. My back's better lah. But still gotta go back for some repair work. Haha.


ATTN: alvinrox
– Thank you! =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Therapy the last time I was there was about an hour. And you'll need to do it as long as there are things to work on lor. Depends on how quickly the body responds and heals it self, I think. Not sure also.

Eh, back dun play play ok. Go get it checked out. I can intro this place to you. Easier if you know mandarin.


ATTN: Boon
– Ya lor. Haih. But I'm doing better, thanks. =)


ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Haha. I KNOW KAN??? I also feel so brave. Haha. And it was kinda painful. But not SO painful until cannot tahan lah. After all, women can take more pain than men ma. Hahaha. Macho!

And anyway, the pain from my backache was lingering so long I'd rather suffer more in a short time than prolong my suffering.

Simon Seow said...

Wah, 把灌要放血的吗?

Anonymous said...

Look really scary to me.

p/s: Come join our Blogging Community. We have similar functions as Innit. Register now and start promoting your blog there.

SY said...

The heck!! That cup and pen knife thingy as u described looks sick!!

Lissa said...

You got backstabbed! >.> Hope you feel better soon!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Cos he need to take the blood out lor. And why you speaking the China with me??? Me no un!


ATTN: IMCurtain
– Haha. Yeah, I thought so too. =p


ATTN: SY
– It's a good thing it was behind my back. If from front I think I wouldn't have gone through with it already. Haha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– HAHA. Yeah, I did. Haha. Good one. =p

Simon Seow said...

LOL, because I see you use a lot of China terms there mah, so I thought you can understand lor.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– There's always google maaaa. Haha.

Ren said...

this is epic!

test said...

Salute pam. I thou I'm the only one which take this kind bloody treatment. Still rmb the poop sound when they remove those cup thing n show me the supposed *dirty blood* from my system

choco said...

WADDAHELL IS THAT VACUUM THINGY SUCKING OUT YOUR BLOOD!!!

*shies away* O_O

,, said...

lol i taught was a real knife poking you but it is the Chinese poking thingy. That gonna hurt just seeing it.

ubersupersara said...

OMG PAM WHAT THE HECK WAS HE DOING TAKING THE BLOOD OUT?! SHIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT WHY NEVER CALL ME TEMAN YOU SOME MORE IN TAIPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HitoMi Ng said...

HOho, stabbed pulak...
have to say you really geng!! haha, not pain meh??

Some more got blood >.<

Jeffro said...

Wow.. Lady.. U went into "war"!
"there's blood, sweat, pain and efforts" O_O

btw.. off the record i like the "blogger down" picture! Somewhat makes me say "AWESOME!"

Unknown said...

Hey girl.. Your back really so bad meh?? Anyway really gotta take care cause all these things don't play play oh..!!

yapthomas said...

Whoa....

Post a Comment

Talk to me!