Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cover Line: FAIL!

COVER LINE |ˈkəvər līn|
A line you dish out to cover-up, conceal or prevent people from discovering the truth about a mistake, crime or boo-boo made.

----------------


I may be quick-tongued and sarcastic (most of the time... or so I'd like to believe I am -_-) but I don't always have good comebacks. Sometimes they flop; sometimes they fail. Terribly. But ever so rarely, whenever I have the pleasure of having Lady Luck sit her kisses on my lips, they fly. (That's when I rock, kick butt and all that other cool-sounding stuff.)


The worst of times, however, when it comes to spitting out comebacks is when I find myself needing cover lines to cover lines – double fail – that I throw out without any thinking through. Here's the perfect example:




Ok let me explain why I said that cover line terkandas and needed rescuing by another cover line, by demonstrating my thought process.


----------------


Excerpt from earlier shown
conversation at the 02:45 mark.


sy1n: sumtimes u can smell quite bad. hahahah

Pam Song: backside (Thought 1: Shit! What if he answers me, "Ya, YOUR backside lor." Cannot! Need support of emergency comeback squad! So, I said...) your backside smelly (Thought 2: Shit! What if he then answers me, "Eee... You always go around smelling people's backsides?" Cannot! Gotta deploy the Comeback troops ASAP!! So, I added...) so ppl tell me (Thought 3: Hmmm. Ok. This one should be safe. Can recall the Comeback Line SWAT team already. Phew.)


----------------


So... yeah. That's how my thought process went
in that 12 seconds of monologue before I received a reply.

Haha.

*blink blink*

Eh, wait...

Darn it, I just realised the root problem to all this
unnecessary thought processes I subject myself to.

It's all cos I'm kiasu.

-_-'''


Cos if I'm not kiasu, I wouldn't have had to shoot out that first comeback line in the first place. And even if I did dish out a badly thought out comeback, I wouldn't have needed a cover line for that failed comeback line cos I wouldn't have cared less. And finally, if I'm not kiasu, I wouldn't have bothered making sure my cover line covered the comeback line by throwing out another cover line to cover that first cover line that covered the comeback line. Gawd, I'm so kiasu! Why am I so kiasssuuuuu??? T_T


Ok, I know I've lost you
with that explanation, haven't I?

Haha. Whatever.

I lost you = You are lost = You lose = I win.
(See how I just luurrrvvveee thought processes?)

Goodnight. =D

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!