Thursday, September 24, 2009

Going East Is Ex

Visited a Chinese Therapy Centre this morning. Waited a whole hour-and-a-half to see the doctor, only to have my 'issues' discovered, listed and discussed right in the presence of a close friend, a colleague, and three other strangers. -_-' Very disconcerting.


I mean, nobody wants to have others know the intimate details of their bowel movement and menstrual cycle, or their sleeping position, right? Well, too bad for me, the doc didn't quite care to be discreet or to give two hoots about patient privacy. So, intimate or not, anything was asked and everything had to be revealed. T_T


Cannot show face already lah liddat.

*shy*


Waiting for treatment to begin.


That's me on the Chiropractor's table, by the way. The doc sent me there after checking me out (in a legitimate doctor-patient way, of course). I somehow survived the heat treatment and 15 minutes of bone tug-of-war with a sweaty Chiropractor. (Yuck! Totally grossed me out and caused me goosebumps throughout the treatment. Think it was psychologically more traumatic than the physical pain I felt.) Then, I walked out and got bombed with a bill of RM324.


Ouch.

  1. Registration Fee: RM20
  2. Spinal Cord Treatment: RM80
  3. Bitter Powders (21 sachets): RM224

Triple ouch.

Back pain, pocket also pain. Bo pien.

Sigh.


I can see my left brain jiving with the idea of paying for pleasure. But paying for pain!? Not so much. Think my bank account agrees. T_T

6 comments :

Ken Wooi said...

paying that is painful too.. =P

kenwooi.com

Pam Song said...

ATTN: kenwooi
– Ya lor. Very!

Unknown said...

What happen to you that need to have spinal cord treatment?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
– I hurt my back on the way back from Singapore.

Unknown said...

omg... muz take good care hor. =)

Hope ya recovering =o)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
– Yeah, I will. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!