Sunday, September 13, 2009

I M N INFP

Since blogging was pretty much out of the question for me, at least for the next 6 hours, I decided to FB my way out of boredom. Updated my profile, kaypo-ed around, left some nonsense on walls and eventually found myself browsing through hundreds and hundreds of personality tests.


Mm-mmm. Personality tests – the perfect boredom killer. An endless source of self-discovery babble that sits on the borders of Truth and Absolute Rubbish. Gotta love them for that. Did What Careers Suit Your Personality Type? Here's what Facebook has to say about me in relation to my quick, online, career-skewed MBTI assessment.




Wooo. Maybe this whole writing thing
will work out for me after all! Haha.

That's not the end of the result though. Here's more.


SOME OF YOUR PERSONALITY TRAITS INCLUDE:
  • Strong value systems
  • Warmly interested in people
  • Service-oriented, usually putting the needs of others above your own
  • Loyal and devoted to people and causes
  • Future-oriented
  • Growth-oriented; always want to be growing in a positive direction
  • Creative and inspirational
  • Flexible and laid-back, unless a ruling principle is violated
  • Sensitive and complex
  • Dislike dealing with details and routine work
  • Original and individualistic – "out of the mainstream"
  • Excellent written communication skills
  • Prefer to work alone, and may have problems working on teams
  • Value deep and authentic relationships
  • Want to be seen and appreciated for who you are

FYI, I ditched the screenshot I captured
because the text was very badly aligned.
The wannabe designer in me tak boleh tahan.

*snorts*

And the whole point of the test...


SOME OF YOUR SUGGESTED CAREERS ARE:
  • Writer
  • Counsellor / Social Worker
  • Teacher / Professor
  • Psychologist
  • Psychiatrist
  • Musician
  • Clergy / Religious Workers

Haha. Perfect! I'm writing, alright.
For a living and for self-gratification.

Yay me! =D

And as for the counselling bit...
Hmmm. Got me thinking a little.


Maybe that's why I often have friends (as well as not-so-close friends I'd possibly only refer to as acquaintances) calling me to share their troubles, tell me of painful break-ups, cry over broken hearts, rant about cheating partners, bitch about evil-doing friends, ask for career advice, ask for help in sorting out the messes in their heads, or sometimes just to have someone to talk to so they know they're not alone in whatever they're going through.


And then I thought some more.


Maybe this could turn out to be my way of serving God in a capacity that I am able to. By making His people happy. By helping them see the light in their situation. By helping them feel God's love, even if its only through hearing a voice over the phone or getting a pat on the back. Maybe there's more to this than just being the sounding board Tim Tams seems to think I am.


You see, I somehow always thought that I was on the receiving end of these calls because people just assumed that I would be the only one awake at the wee hours of morning (or really, really late in the night). After all, it's at those hours when depression and sadness usually sets in, right? When all is quiet, when you're alone, and when all you hear are the thoughts resounding in your head. Because of that, I guess it just always seemed logically sound for me to assume that their calls to me were merely calls of convenience.


Now, I'm thinking... maybe not.


You see, while I was in Singapore, I had a lady pray over me. I don't know her, she doesn't know me, and we've never met before except for the time she laid her hands on me. She's probably even forgotten that I exist by now. But somehow, she brought up this whole counselling deal in her prayer. Said that people often come to me with their problems and that God sees what I'm doing and is pleased with the way I avail myself when I am – or rather my ear is – needed.


She told me more than that lah, of course, but sharing all of it here just feels too "braggardy" so I'm not going to do that. Bottom line is this: She opened my eyes to see that my receiving calls that tell of the rants, pains and problems of others isn't a bad thing. It isn't a coincidence that it's my number they dial either. And if anything, it's something that doesn't go unnoticed by The Man Up There.


And sure, it's good to know that people trust me with their P&Cs. But having God Himself entrust me with the hearts, emotional health and sanity of others just takes this to a whole new level. Guess I should think about this some more. But all that tomorrow. It's 7:18AM at the mo. Think that means it's really time for bed. G'night, guys. Zzzz.


p/s: As you'd probably have guessed by now, this post was scheduled. (Again. -_-') Publishing time was at 7:21AM on 13 September 2009.

6 comments :

The Author said...

I played i played!! xD
I am a thinker xD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jan
– What alphabet is that? INTJ?

The Author said...

INTP
i think it is correct in someways but incorrect in others, the whole job list thingy is seriously not my type of job..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jan
– Haha. Then you should do the other one I usually take. FB quizzes not that accurate wan lah. =p

sy1n said...

watcha know! I'm INFT2! hmmm... I could be a writer... haha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sy1n
– Haha. Could... but shouldn't! Then I tak boleh cari makan! You go watch your web thingy ok? Leave the writing to me. Hahahhaa.

And this test not that accurate wan. Go do the other one I published. That wan is more accurate.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!