Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gettin’ Frisky With Me Slurpee For Slurpeelicious Moments!

I remember the time I used to beg my mom for Slurpees. What colour also nevermind. As long as it was bright and icy, I wanted it. Way back in the day when I used to get 50sen pocket money a day lah.


You see, I grew up in this area on Penang Island called Island Glades. Jalan Delima, to be exact. And in my housing area, there was only one 7-Eleven. ONE. SATU. ICHI. YI. YAT. UNE. SorryIdunnoanymoresocannotcontinue. Wah, whenever walk in, right… it was like walking on sacred ground lor.


And always, my eyes will be drawn to this corner in the shop. The corner where I see the Slurpee machine sitting, with its lights shining above like beams from the heavens… humming, calling out my name… Pammm… Paam… Paaammmm…


-_-' Why am I so drama I also dunno. -_-'


Anyhoo… whenever my mom agrees to buy me a Slurpee (usually the small one), it was always like heavens opened up and gifted me with colourful ice. Can almost hear the chorus of angels singing wei. Haha. Wth. But yeah… that’s how wunnerful Slurpee was to me when I was little.


Now that I’m all grown up (che-wah, adult sial), I can walk into any 7-Eleven I want and buy a Slurpee of any size I want. (Action giler babi. Haha.) Small (RM1.20), Medium (RM1.80), Large (RM2.20)… King Kong size also I can buy, man! IF King Kong size existed lah. Haha. That would probably cost… what? RM3, maybe? Wah… eat until lausai, man. Haha.


Ok, sorry. Tak halal conversation
for a consumption post. Moving on…


So why am I telling you all this grandmother stories of my past? Well, cos my Slurpee craze is BACK! Why? Cos 7-Eleven’s holding a contest! If you guys follow Nuffnang’s blog, you’d have gotten whiff of it. If you haven’t been following Nuffnang (@_@ who doesn’t follow Nuffnang?!?)… Nah. Here’s what the page looks like.




@_@

RM6,000 in cash!?

And all I’ve gotta do to win is take pictures
of myself slurping Slurpee and enjoying it!?


CAN! I want RM6,000, I lurvee slurpee and I can camwhore in my sleep. Set lah! Sure win. (Better dun say or else later I jinx it. Haha.) But dun talk so much first. Think mechanics and modus operandi before thinking about how I’m going to spend all that cash. (Logical brain kicks in.)


There are steps to winning
the Slurpeelicious Moments contest
and the 3 simple steps are…






Looks simple enough, right?

So… off to 7-Eleven I went!

Bought me a nice LARGE Slurpee…


They dun have King Kong size. Large is the biggest. I checked. =p


Got semi-frustrated with the way my Slurpee cup wasn’t full, jam-packed and padat with my fluorescent green Slurpee – Tutti Frutti flavour.


Frown. A Penangite never changes her spots. Always want
the biggest and the best at the cheapest price wan. HAHA.


Then, once I was ready and my cup was loaded,
I brushed my hair out of my face…




…and camwhored like I’d never camwhored before.

*insert Terminator music here*







But even when I’m in Competition Mode,
I still make sure I have fun.




You should, too!

(No, I’m not trying to distract you
so you lose and I win. *innocent face*)


Ok lah ok. Dun so kiasu can? Learn from me. I show you my entry. After all, I so nice, right? So so nice, right? Right. You’re so right. Thank you. Now, stop it. I paiseh already. *grin*


So I completed Step 1 by buying a Large Slurpee.
Then, this *points below* is the picture I liked best.


Don’t laugh. Very difficult to shoot, ok.
Need skill wan.
Salah angle means
whole face kena Slurpee already.





So picture take already, right? Next…




Step 3: Upload it to nuffnang.com.my/slurpeelicious
before 18 October… and before you know it, you’re done!




Easy peasy Slurpee squeezy!

So easy to join, I must submit more.
Haha. Kiasu-ism rulessss. =p

You know, I think I’ll submit this one, too. Haha.




And this one.




Oh, and this one.




Oh oh oh! Must submit this wan also!




Haha. Ok, I’m getting out of hand.


Aiyah, this is the purr-fect competition for camwhores lah, I tell you. Cos all you’ve gotta do is camwhore like crazy and get rewarded for it! You’ve got from 21 September to 18 October 2009 to submit your entries to nuffnang.com.my/slurpeelicious After that, get your friends to vote you throughout voting week. That’s from 19-25 October 2009.


Aiyah, you all go and read the T&Cs here ok?

*click*

All the details are there.


Oh and before I forget. It’s not just the RM6,000 that you can win. ALL the rewards for every tier are geng geng chau chau wan lorrr. See also lau hau sui (that’s Cantonese for “saliva dripping”). Check this out:

FIRST PRIZE: RM6,000 cash + RM100 7-Eleven Gift Certificate
SECOND PRIZE: RM3,000 cash + RM100 7-Eleven Gift Certificate
THIRD PRIZE: RM1,000 cash + RM100 7-Eleven Gift Certificate
CONSOLATION PRIZE X3: RM100 7-Eleven Gift Certificate

As you can see, that means that there are three (3) top prizes and three (3) consolation prizes will be given out. That’s six (6) prizes worth more than RM10,000 in total!


Arrrghhhh, siao liaoooo!
Must! Go! Camwhore! More! Now!

*blink blink*


Haha. Sorry lah. Island girls all kiasu wan lah. Deal with it. =p At least I was nice enough to tell you about it and not keep the contest details to myself. Ok, dun talk already. See ya at 7-Eleven!


p/s: Just so you know, Slurpee machines turn off at midnight so you better go before the clock strikes 12. All the best! =) Oh, and if you’re there and you don’t know what other face to pull for the camera, think: What Would PAMSONG Do?




*grin*

Tee hee.

*blink blink*

WOAI! DUN STEAL MY IDEAS AH!
THAT RM6,000 IS MINEEEE!!!


[Advertorial]

27 comments :

Satkuru said...

goodness gracious, hahahaha.

*runssss off to the nearest 7-11

Unknown said...

Wow.. RM6000 confirm is urs...nice shot..:-p

test said...

Walao ! this really pamsong extreme moment with Slurpeee . How did the cashier/manager/staff allow u take this *creative* shoot?

PS: I also wan sapu the RM 6000 under my pocket .Muwahhahahah

infinitium said...

i've never had a Slurpee in my life. Deprived island childhood?

/confession

The Author said...

Pam is influential... now i feel like eating slurpee though i never liked it..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Satkuru
– Haha. Don't you daareee! That RM6,000 is MINEEE!!! Haha.


ATTN: Tcell
– Haha. I sure hope so! Vote for me when the voting begins!


ATTN: Spectre
– Haha. How? I also dunno why they so kind let me do this nonsense. =p

And YOU leave that RM6,000 alone! Rawr!


ATTN: infinitium
– Oh. Em. Gee. I can't believe it. You serious!? Dang. Really deprived lor. But don't blame the island. Islands are good. =p


ATTN: Jan
– Haha. Yum yum!

Mrs Chong said...

hahahahahha i lagi drama k??? I got song for Slurpee some more.

I don't even have to walk near 7-11 or walk in 7-11, as long as my mum's driving on the road where we will pass 7-11 later, I'll start singing.

Slurpee, Slurpee,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet on the seat
Of a bicycle built for two !

Actually the real song is Daisy Daisy la..HAHAHAH I change one word only. =x

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Ping Ping
– Hahahahaha. Funny lah you. I don't think I've ever heard that song so I dunno how to tune goes. You've gotta sing it for me one day!

Kennee said...

Aiyoyo... but still... 0.o in a good way la...

Hope u win though~

But menang d... belanja me slurpee la~

*peace*

Jin said...

have u ever won any of these competitions? hehe just curious

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kennee
– Haha. Keeping my fingers crossed! =p


ATTN: Jin
– Hahahaha. I haven't joined these competitions before, actually. This would be a first. =)

Melsong said...

I lurve this post, especially the pictures!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Haha. Great.

yapthomas said...

Did you lock up the store manager to take these shots? Au natural shots so to say... :P

I will vote you to win! Sure win wan!! Definitely, no maybe...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Hahaha. I had a friend who knew the manager. =p

And yes yes! Vote me!!!

Simon Seow said...

Bloody hell, hard to beat your pic lor.

[rin] said...

wow! nice pics...
how on earth did you persuade the shop guys to let u stick ur tongue underneath the machine weh?
hahas!
=D

[rin]

choco said...

SLURPEEEEEEE!

is love <3

wahaha.

LilMeJo said...

Fwah... U set the bar so darn high... Huhuhuhu... wanna enter also bo sim d.... sobs... need go goreng idea kao kao d.... =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Haha. I hope so! =p


ATTN: [rin]
– Haha. I dunno lah. But amazingly they didn't get the cops after me. =p


ATTN: choco
– Haha. Go, Slurpee!


ATTN: LilJo
– HAHA. Then vote for me! =p

luxen said...

About 15 years ago I used to work at a 7-Eleven for a few days. I used to clean the slurpee machine and mop the floor.

Let's just say we only had one bucket in the whole shop to use to flush the machine clean and mop the floors.

Yum, unique taste!

TianChad田七摄影 said...

Hi Pam, first thing that I noticed is you looks different without the eyebag ar. Especially first few photos. It feels like something lose. Maybe you need a better "eye-bag-remover" tool? ;p

As for the best photo I guess it is the one you submitted first =)

goingkookies said...

OMG!! Good post!! haha

you look cute and funny in your second pic... should include that as one of your entries too!!

good LUCK!!!

haha.. now you ve tempted me to go and try for the RM6k!! If not, RM6k to you and I don't mind having RM3k!! =)

darn it.. but i dunno how to camwhore though... *stumped*

Jeffro said...

Wootza! Now that's what I call a winner's look! =P awesome weih..

btw, how many times it took before getting that Winner-post? :D

Unknown said...

How can you not win this?

P/S: Great blog you have here.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: luxen
– AIYEERRRR!!! Why you tell me this nonsense!?!?! So grosssss!!! *gag*


ATTN: Tian Chad @ 永遇乐
– Haha. I think it's the angle you speak of cos I didn't remove eyebags in the pictures that came without. Haha. If I did, I'd have removed them from ALL pictures, don't you think? My PS skills and attention to detail not so bad wan. =p

And yeah. I like the first picture, too. =p


ATTN: goingkookies
– Hahaha. I would if I could but I think I'm only allowed one entry or something like that. Not sure also. Haha. Maybe can try. And yesss!!! Me wants the RM6k! =p


ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahahaha. Three shots were taken. I chose the second. =p


ATTN: TJ
– Haha. I hope I win, too. =p And thanks. I'm glad you like Tinki Talks. =)

Jeffro said...

LOL.. Wootza,so one of them had the slurpee on ur nose eh? =P

But I like those ideas of yours.. Dang.. copyrighted ady, otherwise it'd be mine.. =P

Post a Comment

Talk to me!