Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chill Pill Moment

Time to just go with the flow and not sweat the iddy biddy stuff. Tough though. The just-let-it-go part, that is. Always easier said than done when things aren't yet resolved. Plus, the stresses I have right now aren't exactly iddy biddy. Sigh.


I think I was going with the flow, actually. Living each day at a time. Taking things as they come. Before I got caught in a riptide and found myself under the surface, trashing under crashing waves. And then after awhile, I guess I just came to a point where I got tired of fighting for my life and just allowed myself to feel every sensation there was.


The cold. The push and pull of the tide.
The swirling and churning of choppy seas.

If stress is such a powerful force,
why can't love be the same?


I'd like to drown in love someday. The come-up-spluttering-eyes-blurry-nose-runny-gasping-for-air-desperately-reaching-upwards-to-catch-my breath-before-going-under-again kind of love. It's that forget-all-and-get-a-little-crazy-in-the-moment love that just catches you off-guard, you know? The kind that sweeps you off your feet then catches you before you hit the ground and never lets you go after.


Sure, ups and downs are sure to come but with every wave that crashes, another will rise. So if the highs are worth the lows, I guess I'm in for the ride. That's how surfers do it, too, right? Wait for a big wave, get on it, then hope to come out standing. And if it takes a trillion falls and a hundred million gallons of sea water in the mouth before successfully making it out of one good rip curl wave, so be it.


So be it.


They say that people who really fall in love fall madly in love. I get little glimpses of the love poets speak of sometimes, but I can't help but wonder if I'll see the 'mad', too, someday. Spontaneous, unpredictable, impulsive, always exciting – that kind of 'mad'. No over-thinking, no over-analysing, no games, no hots-and-colds, no grey areas, no emotional outbursts, no screaming matches, no unnecessary drama.


That's rocket science.
And I wasn't made for rocket science love.


I've only got enough fight in me to last the battles I have with what I can only refer to as my 'solo stresses'. (Issues where there are no other parties involved but myself, and only I can deal with them.) Only enough brain power and emotional charge for that. I can't go all out in a fight for the other stuff, too. At least not right now.


No rocket science nonsense this time.
If you'll do the sweeping, I'll do the falling.

9 comments :

zecount said...

although it is a solo thing ... that doesn't mean there aren't any "cheerleaders" supporting u on ;0)
U want big big banner with name or florescent hands with "No.1 fan" ??

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Thanks, Zecount. I knew I could always count on you to invoke Happy God. We may not see each other as often these days but some things never change. =)

Unknown said...

Is it the male hunting season now?

My girlfriends are all hunting for the man of their life. Well, in their own right they should.

Liking your post. Definitely will come back for more.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TJ
– Hahaha. No, it's not. I blog about love and relationships every once in awhile. Just something I like to study and dissect for kicks. =)

Do come back! Would be great to have you around. =)

Whaley Bear said...

Babe,

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.

I am not good at being subtle. I love you, madly, babe! There's no two way about it.

xoxo

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Whaley Bear
– AWWW... Now there you go making me cry and you're not here to wipe away them tears. Haha.

zecount said...

hahahaha .. Happy God .. I haven't been doing that for so long ... dunno need to renew license or not :0) you just hang on ya !

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Haha. Can wan. Should come naturally for you. Like you never forget how to ride a bike. =)

yapthomas said...

I'll do the mopping. Easier for you to fall... :P

Post a Comment

Talk to me!