Thursday, September 17, 2009

Singapore, September '09: A Feast Fit For Kings And A Toilet Made For Queens

WARNING: This is a super-duper picture-heavy post.




---------------


So after a failed and totally un-happening afternoon in Singapore, The Lauder One and I finally decided to drag our heavy behinds out of bed and to the bath. (Separately, of course. What you thinking?) She first, me second. And in under an hour, we were both good to go.


Famous Steve (famous cos he seems to know everybody in Singapore and everybody seems to know him back wth) came by and whisked us off to Dempsey for dinner at a restaurant called House.


This is Famous Steve.




Haha. A little bashful at first
(buat buat only lah, think I dunno, cheh)
but when he's being himself, he looks like this:




He's 25 and very, very nice (when he's not shy-shy). Haha. Oh, and by the way... that night was my FIRST night in AGES where I had dinner with everybody my age. Haha. Can you believe that!? I'm always either dining with old fogies of kids. How to not want to grow up quickly and have kids, I ask yewww??? T_T


o.O

Ok, that's definitely my quarter life crisis talking.
Time to change topic. So let me tell you about House.


It's this awessum, awessum restaurant with an alfresco dining area that faces a primary/secondary rainforest. (Famous Steve says it's primary, Grace says it's secondary, I sit on fence cos I failed my Geography tee hee.) Very chillout, very relaxing. Dim lights. Lounge music. Good food. Great service. I'd definitely go back someday.


Oddly enough, I only took pictures of The Lauder One's food. Haha. And even then, I remember only snapping it cos she asked if I wanted to. (The woman knows me well. =p)




That brown slab in the picture was her something-something foie gras. Yuck. French culinary delicacy or not anything with fat or liver is gross. And this has both! Blergh. She said it tasted ok though. Famous Steve had pizza. Me? I took the Manager/DJ's recommendation – some fish broth dunno what. (Hahaha. I'm a failure with names lah ok.)


Our food.


Since I don't have a proper picture of what I ordered,
I'll have to cheat and zoom-zoom for you all lah, ok?

Nah.




Here's another cropping of the same picture.


Steve's garnish-loaded pizza (background) and my fish broth something-something (foreground).


Thank goodness I brought the Lumix G1. =p
Too bad it still focuses like crap in the dark. =(

After we ate our fill, we ordered dessert.


A chilled glass of mango something-something.
(Ok, this is really getting lame. I must have used up
an entire continent's quota of 'something somethings'. -_-''')


It was nice lah! Roasted marshmallows, ice cream and meringue on meat of mango. Totally yummifying! The Lauder One and I sapu only. Haha. Famous Steve tak makan. Smart man. Never fight a woman for her dessert. Bwahahahahaha.


But of course, he was also busy watching me slip into a semi state of drunkenness with my portion of the Tiffin we ordered. (The Tiffin's a really cool fruit-based drink that comes in a tiffin carrier. There's lychee, pomegranate and ginger inside – the ginger sucked, by the way – and your server just pours champagne into it from a really cute glass bottle before serving.)


This is what the drink looked like:




Looks nice and tame, right?
Bluff wan! It's vile, I tell you! VILE!


It was so silly lah, actually. Told them already, I cannot drink wan. Still want me to swallow. I asked for the least champagne in mine (luckily the server listened to me and not to The Lauder One who obviously wanted me unconscious) but still ended up giddy-headed and laughing like a hyena by the time I was done with my tiffin. Oh, well. At least I know I'm a happy drunk. Haha.


This is what happiness looks like on the girl
who gets drunk on 1 second of champagne.


Red-faced and sleepy-eyed. Haha.


But it's never a night out if you don't camwhore so... camwhore we did! Haha. (Thank you Famous Steve for playing camera man! =p)


Unprepared.





If you're wondering why those pictures are blur,
it's cos Famous Steve didn't know how to focus the G1.

(I. Shall. Not. Laugh. *snicker*)

So... being the perfectionist camwhore we were,
we had no choice but... to do it all again! Hahahaha.




Nah, kidding.

We stopped at that one pic and took proper ones
cos there are only so many times you can be silly
in pictures. Too many then jelak already. =p





Haha. Ok, forget I said anything about having a Silly Quota while camwhoring. That quota doesn't exist in my book. =p If anything, Famous Steve started it. Remember this?




Haha. Confirm. It's his fault.

*grin*

After awhile, we realised...
who needs men when you can DIY??







Haha. Sorry, guys. I think the feminist in me has been suppressed for far too long. She seems to be quite adamant about rearing her head these couple of days. Estrogen overload. Be afraid. Be very afraid.


Now, where was I?
Hmmm... Forget liao.


Anyways, drink drink drink means all that water needs to come out somewhere somehow, right? So I hit the ladies. Still feeling on top of the world. Haha. If I wasn't in stilettos, I'd probably have hopped to the loo. Haha. Funny.


The toilet was nice. Wait, it was beyond nice.
It was a photography enthusiast's dream.




The focus of the earlier two pictures – a bulb
– taken from its underside.
Location: Inside toilet stall,
behind toilet bowl and flush system.

On the walls at eye level when seated on toilet bowl.
(Don't worry. I took this picture AFTER peeing. Very halal.)


And a camwhore's wet dream.
(You know where this is going, right?)

It all started with this:





And then I got carried away. Haha.
But I wasn't alone. HA HA HA!





Cos cummon la... who likes to camwhore alone? =p







Ok, fine. Sometimes one needs to camwhore alone. =p


And then... (Tene nene moment.) The Lauder One discovered a wall-sized full-length mirror at one side of the toilet!! Wah! A camwhore's dream toilet, I tell you! =p So it's no surprise that we went crazy with that. Haha. I tell you, the people who went in while we were there must have been thinking, "Wth, these jakuns never see mirror before issit?" Haha. But we didn't care. Anything for the craft. (Che-wah. I just elevated camwhoring to another level – Craft.)







And two more in front of the mirror cos The Lauder One insisted on butt photos. Probably some kind of fetish she has, I dunno.





There were more non-butt ones lah, but I think you all will curse me if I publish them so... I'll refrain. For your sake. *angelic smile* (Actually, I'm only saying that cos I wanna make it seem like I'm nice and considerate considering our lousy Malaysian connectivity speed. But in truth, I'm not putting them up cos I'm too lazy to edit all the pictures already. Photoshop until eyes wanna drop out already.)


This picture reminds me of Christmas somehow. =)


Pretty bauble lights hanging from the ceiling.


Zoomed in and cropped.


We finally dragged ourselves out of the Ladies about a half hour later. (HA. HA. Poor Famous Steve had to wait. But the man very patient lah. Gotta commend him on that. Definitely BF material, this one. I think he's still single, girls. I think lah. =p)


Got out to the alfresco area and talked some, joked a little, laughed a lot. It was then that we ordered another round of drinks while waiting for beL to arrive. (Oh yes, I forgot to mention that another two friends joined us – Faztastic and Butter Better.) As expected, the alcoholics went for the tipsy types. I stuck to the safe stuff. Like this fruity rojak-looking burst of colour in a jam jar:




Haha. Actually, I dunno what's inside also. I saw lotsa berries of every type, some lemon skin, mint leaves, etc... Not bad lah. Boleh tahan. Doesn't taste as nice as Tiffin (minus the ginger) but... a whole lot safer in my hands. Haha. Anyways, beL arrived soon after our drinks did so... guys, meet beL, the soon-to-be beauty contestant.


beL and I. Damn, I got Cina eyes while the woman's
blessed with eyes the size of 50sen coins.
-_-


See what I mean by her being the perfect beauty contestant??? (Sorry, boys. She's taken. Nyeh heh heh. Let you see and mourn what you can't have. =p Dang, evil in me! Can't! Get! It! Out! Mwahahaha.) But she's not all hot air lah. This one's got skills. Can camwhore giler also. Haha. But she goes pro. Camwhore with props and aid wan.




So cool kan??? I likessss! I'm so getting it when I go to Hong Kong. That's where she bought hers. At the airport at some designer store. When I get mine, you'll seeing more of such fly-eyed pictures from me for sure. Haha.


Anyways, after storming about where we'd go next (so happening hor?), we paid, upped and left. True to our nature, the girls took a not-so-quick detour and sneaked off to the loo to camwhore some more. Whoever said three's a crowd surely hadn't heard of camwhoring before! =p


Main-main dalam jamban depan cermin.




And one where we behaved,
and took pictures like good girls should.




*cough cough*

Finally, to wrap up our time at House,
we took a group picture of everybody present.

The serious one...


FRONT ROW (from L to R): The Lauder One, beL, Yours Truly.
BACK ROW (from L to R): Famous Steve, Butter Better, Faztastic.


And the one where we're just plain us
in all our natural glory, charisma and charm...

*cough cough*


FRONT ROW (from L to R): The Lauder One, beL, Yours Truly.
BACK ROW (from L to R): Butter Better, Faztastic, Famous Steve.


*grin*

And in...




...all...




...effects. Just cos I feel like it. Haha.

Phew.

So that's that. Day 1's Dinner.
(Can't believe this post took me
two whole weeks to complete. T_T)


We hit Zouk after that but I won't bother writing about the experience. (Sorry, no incriminating pictures allowed here what with this blog being Tontonan Umum and all. =p) Famous Steve used to be the Manager there or something so he insisted that Zouk's peeps partied better than those at The Butter Factory.


*rolls eyes*


I've personally heard that Butter's better. We'll see about it the next time the South steals me away for the weekend. Whatever the case, Singapore was awessum. More stories soon. (Soon means "when I have the time to edit more pictures." Ha. Ha.) Stay tuned!


Post-alcohol, pre-full-on-camwhore-session face.


---------------------
DEMPSEY HOUSE
---------------------

ADD: 8D Dempsey Road, Singapore 249672
TEL: +65 6476 6050
FAX: +65 6476 4462
EMAIL: info@dempseyhouse.com
WEBSITE: http://www.dempseyhouse.com/


6 comments :

Unknown said...

so marni pixsure... lmao. Cheers pam...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Boon
– Haha. Edit edit edit pichas but edit never ending. Story come out must write write write. So many tireds you knows?

IyouweBlog.com said...

lovely, and graceful! nanged u! hope to see u nanged me back! tq!nang me!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: shengfatt
– Thanks.

gracielau said...

do you notice how rosy your cheeks are after having a little bit to drink?

naaaiceeeee...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: gracielau
– Hahaha. It's not normal, man! Haha. That's it. I'm going to refrain from alcohol from now on. You, woman, are bad influence!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!