Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Kanna Curry House, Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya

After months and months of wishing and waiting, longing and yearning, my requests have finally been answered, and my cravings have finally been satisfied.


I. Finally. Had. Banana. Leaf. Rice.
At. Kanna. Curry. House. =D


Basic banana leaf set with papadum and a splash
of chicken curry and dhal on the rice.


The Fiancé brought me there for lunch last Sunday (more like I brought him! =p) and I don't think I've ever been this excited over eating without plates. Haha. But I wasn't the uncivilised one there that day. It was The Fiancé who ended up eating with his hands! Haha. Totally getting into the groove of things, I suppose. Finger licking good. Mmmm... =p


Me waiting for my fried tenggiri to come around
while The Fiancé had his piece fried chicken.


Unlimited supply of chicken curry, fish curry and dhal.


My fish arrives! And The Fiancé decides he wants one, too. Haha.


Fish flesh of the purest white.


But to be honest, everything you see here, you can get at any other banana leaf rice restaurant in town. Rice, fried chicken, fried tenggiri, chicken curry, fish curry, dhal – semua ada. Difference in taste and standard, of course got lah. And believe you me, Kanna will surely win the taste test hands down so don't bother going elsewhere. =p But if you're willing to settle for mediocre banana leaf rice, any other shop will do lah. But there's one secret ingredient that most banana leaf rice shops don't have that Kanna Curry House does – dried chilli.




Wah, I tell you...
these crunchy-salty-spicy little babies
are what I'm really at Kanna for.





Dun pandang rendah cos they're small, ok? These wrinkly chillies pack a punch! But I'm not big on spicy food lah so, by my standards, they're pedas giler when consumed in unearthly quantities. But... bila makan, pasti syok giler every time also! Haha. I especially like to break them up into tiny little pieces and scatter them all over my rice. Like so:


Dried chilli bits on my rice.


*mouth waters at the sight*


Anyway, our bill came up to RM28 for two. Drinks included. It could have been less if we had just ordered 1 fish and 1 chicken rather than 2 fishes and 1 chicken like we did (we ended up over-ordering the fish) but... oh well. Even with the over-stuffing, lunch was awesome. Even The Fiancé – who is super die-hard pro-Penang – said, "Wah. Very tasty, huh?" Haha. Yes! Very tasty indeed!


Oh, and FYI, their afternoon nasi lemak bungkus also damn nice. Usually keluar fresh and hot between 2.30PM and 3.00PM. Go try! Pasti tak menyesal. =)


------------------------
Kanna Curry House
------------------------
No. 29, Jalan 17/45
(Near Rothsman Roundabout, SS2)
46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

TEL: +603-7958 4814

Open from 7am to 10pm daily.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!