Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What Kind Of Parent Will You Be?

It's been awhile since I've scoured the net looking for online quizzes. But today, I stumbled upon one by accident while doing some research. Haha. It's called "The Parenting Style Quiz: What Kind Of Parent Are You?" Sounded interesting and it was only 10 questions long so... I did it. And my result?




Hahaha. Not surprising, I suppose. I'm a stickler for social rules and generational hierarchy within social structures like the family institution. (Probably inherited that off Grandma Song. =p) I don't believe in children getting their way all the time or getting away with having things their way. At all.


I believe in that there should be rules, limitations and boundaries set by parents that are to be obeyed, adhered and submitted to by their children. But... I also do believe that there is still lots of fun to be had within the boundaries set by reasonable and understanding parents. But... that's just me. =p


So... what kind of parent are you?
Or what kind of parent will you be?

Find out here.

8 comments :

Lissa said...

I tried taking the quiz and stopped halfway because the questions and answers just didn't make sense.

Sometimes the solutions to situations aren't as clear-cut as what the answers provide. You simply won't know how you'll react unless put in that situation at that point in time, coupled with your emotional state of mind at the time. It's easy to imagine the scene in your head, but try experiencing it first hand when you're calm, frustrated, or sick. I think there'll be a difference in how you handle the kid. So... this sorta quiz... not so accurate. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. It was pretty clear cut to me. So... that leads me to assume you're an S and an F when it comes to the MBTI test. (Google it for more info.) I'm not. So it's very easy for me to decide what to do and when.

Plus, if you find yourself changing your answers based on situational factors, there's a chance your kid will take advantage of you when the situation works for them. After all, kids are the best psychologists. They know who to take advantage of before they can even talk. Why do some kids fake cry? Cos they know that with their parents, they can always get away with anything when they do that.

And... I think based on the questions, I didn't quite find any answers I would pick other than the ones I did.

Anyway, I actually did a Type I, Type II and Type III parent test once and my result was that I would be a Type III parent. So... pretty much same result although this was just 10Qs. Haha.

ChickLit said...

Pam Song: Tiger Mom

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ChickLit
– Rawr. =p

Lissa said...

That's true, I guess. But based on what time I've spent in Paeds, I find myself reacting to the kids' yelling and screaming in different ways, depending on my emotional and physical state of mind. So that kinna gives me an idea on how I might react to my children's tantrums.

Sure, I know what I'm supposed to do, and I know HOW I want to discipline my kids, but like I said before, imagining the situation and being in one is very different.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Hmmm. Maybe you're a more patient person than I am. Haha. Cos no matter how I'm feeling emotionally or physically, I just can't take screaming, yelling kids. Also tried and tested when I was serving in the Children's Church and Nursery back at CHC, btw. Dunno lah. Maybe cos in my family, big is big, small is small. Adults set the rules, children obey. So if a child acts no-big-no-small, throws tantrums, misbehaves or is out of line, sure kena disiplin teruk wan. Haha.

Lissa said...

Oh, trust me, I'm not as patient as you think I am. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. You sure don't look the impatient type. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!