Thursday, April 21, 2011

Difference Between KL Traffic Jam And Penang Traffic Jam

Traffic may be bad in KL during peak hours.
But in Penang? It's a million times worse.


We're an island of one-way-streets (Note: I said "streets" not "highways". That means two lanes max, but there's usually a bottleneck leading into just one lane around every corner. -_-) so getting from one place to another often involves swiftly changing lanes about a million times over. And over and over again. On super small and uber narrow roads where nobody gives way to anybody and everybody cuts in and out without signalling. In short, there is pretty much zero form of order, system or organisation. Bikes are everywhere, everybody potong barisan right, left and center, everybody drives like their grandfathers own the roads, and everybody forgets that their cars come with a pair of blinkers. Nobody obeys road signs, or follows any lanes or lines, and nobody pays heed to yellow boxes. Just like the pemandu lembu folk below:


Massive jams on the island last weekend.


Welcome to Penang. =p

8 comments :

Reubz said...

You need to learn the short-cuts la, wei... Too long in KL oredi la...

Lissa said...

THIS IS WHY I CAN'T STAY IN PENANG! T_T

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Reubz
– I know those in that areaaa!! Just that this route isn't supposed to be jammed at that hour wan. It was last weekend's Indian festival thingy that caused the massive jam cos of the festivities at Waterfall Rd.


ATTN: Lissa
– WHYYY?? Isn't Mr BF worth a jam or two???

Lissa said...

This isn't a jam or two, woman. I'm talking about 'jamming' for the rest of my life. >.>

KL jams ftw. :P

Strawberry, anyone?

*dies* (excuse the lack of sleep)

RealGunners said...

that's why i try not to go to the north east part of the island in the evenings...

Reubz said...

Actually, rite, I was out and on the way back home so I had to use that route too... Lemme teach you... These are a few magic roads that got me from GBC in Larut Road to Tanjung Tokong in less than fifteen mins (no speeding).

Larut Road > Burma Road > Lorong Pykett > Jalan Westlands > Khaw Sim Bee Road > Jalan Perak > Jalan Macalister/Jalan Dunn (optional... I personally prefer Macalister) > Jalan Pierce > Lengkok Burma > Lebuhraya Codrington > Jalan Bell > Jalan Cantoment > Jalan Scott (now known a some indian guy's road) > Lebuhraya Scott > Jalan Berjaya > Lengkok Berjaya > Jalan Burma > Lebuhraya Maktab > Persiaran Midlands > Persiaran Midlands > Jalan Mano (or straight to Jalan Midlands) > Jalan Bagan Jermal > Jalan Tanjung Tokong!

I know it looks like alot and there's lots of turning and lots to learn, but trust me, this route not known by many has saved me so much time than to get myself caught in a jam from one end of Burma Road to the other for 30-40 mins. Just try not to get lost! :P

Reubz said...

You should definitely check Google Maps, for the route.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– What happened to unconditional love? And sacrifice? And selflessness? Hahahaha.

I prefer cherries. Can I have those instead?


ATTN: RealGunners
– I got no choice. Haha.


ATTN: Reubz
– @_@ I'm lost already!!! -_+''''

Post a Comment

Talk to me!