Thursday, April 14, 2011

Can't... Take... Change... T_T

If there's one person on the planet
most resistant to change, it'd be me.

I hate change. With a vengeance.


Plus, it doesn't help that I'm a huge control freak. Who gets turned on by structure. And organisation. And colourful calendar notes. Upon notes, upon notes. And while I think I adapt to social changes moderately well, I really suck when it comes to changes that concern the other aspects of my life.


Like when I first shifted up to Penang. I was so broken and upset about having to up, move, and leave KL that... I spent my first few hours back at home just talking through the pain over the phone with my KL friends, crying and blowing snot while I proceeded to clear the mess that was my pre-college room. @_@


And just like when it came to quitting my job at MCKL. The first time I tendered my resignation, I burst into tears. Right in the ECD's room. Before Big Man Boss of Words himself! -_-''' Seems funny now in hindsight but at the time, all I felt was the pain of losing what I already had and the gripping fear of would have been a huge change in my career path.


And these two examples? They're just the tip of the iceberg. But I shan't go on. The bottom line is this: I hate change. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. And I don't take to it kindly. Sigh. Unfortunately, for a change-resistant person, I think I've been through more changes in the recent year than more, if not most, people.


Too bad it looks like
there's more to come. T_T

I've said it before, I'll say it again: 
I want stability. I need stability.


p/s: If you think I'm being silly about this whole change thing, just take a step back, put down your judgemental glasses, and think about how many times and how many people have objected to seemingly insignificant changes. Like Facebook's changes in layout. Go judge them before you judge me. Cos... pfft. Talk about first-world problems, man...

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!