Monday, April 25, 2011

Ding Dong

When one door closes, another one opens.
 

So very many things haven't gone exactly the way I planned it to be but I must say... things just have a funny way of working out in the end. Or rather, God has a funny way of working things out for me at the end of the day. =) Through this journey of wedding planning, unexpected screw-ups and mishaps have been a little more frequent than control-freak-me would like them to be. Till today, my white gown has been doing its best to hide-and-seek me to death. Our informal pre-wedding photoshoot didn't happen. Our honeymoon location got trashed. Everything that could go wrong went wrong so badly that I really dunno what else can go wrong anymore. *slaps self* CHOI! Talk nonsense!


But here's where it gets pretty around here:
When God closes one door, He opens another. =)


BRIDAL GOWN TURNAROUND: I fell in love with a gown late last year but it was just too old and too worn out for me to justify having. And a replica couldn't be made cos of its impossibly special, can-only-be-found-in-Korea material. *rolls eyes* So I continued hunting for others that at least looked kinda-sorta like it. But apparently, those don't exist in all of Malaysia cos I found none! Like, NONE! At all! Not in Penang, not in KL, and not even online. And I hunted for it for 6 months! Until I started thinking, "Sigh. It's not meant to be lah. Time to just settle for a not-quite-the-same replica." But after some thought and some fashion observation this weekend, I realised... It was totally meant to be that I couldn't have the gown I initially fell in love with! Why? Cos it ain't that great after all! (Sorry lah, tough explaining here without letting the cat out of the bag. -_-''') Bottom line is this: I don't want what I wanted anymore. And what I want now, is sooo much better. =D


HONEYMOON TURNAROUND: We initially thought of Japan for our honeymoon (or rather The Fiancé did and I just went along for the ride without actually being all for it) but then disaster struck. Because of that, we've had to have a change of plans. (No, we hadn't bought or tickets yet so no losses there.) I knew I preferred some place cool (temperature-wise) and romantic but places like those are tough to find while the North was going through its Summer months. So, things really weren't looking up for me on the honeymoon front. But last night, The Fiancé suggested another place that initially crossed my mind and now, I can actually say that this next place we've set our hearts on is quite THE place for me. Sure, like Japan, it's not exactly known for being a romantic honeymoon location but it's cold in July, and the snow will totally make it scenic and romantic. Plus like, YAY, I GET TO SEE SNOWWW!! =D


There have been so many other instances along this journey toward wedded bliss that I can testify to experiencing the touch of God's hand upon the bleakest and most impossible situations I've had to face but... hey, I shan't bore you with the details nor tell you so much that you find yourself with nothing else to expect by the time you attend our wedding (if you're invited). =p All that matters is this: When God closes one door, He opens another. So if anything, be thankful for that. Happy Easter Sunday, guys. =)

14 comments :

RealGunners said...

don't tell me you're going to Osutoraria (that's how the Japs pronounce it :P) again; you're either going somewhere very high up in Europe, or the same place that I'll be going around June.. that's the only 2 places that I can associate with snow in July...

Lissa said...

What RG said. Not even Alaska has snow in July. :P

But yes, God's plans are always better than ours. I can think of so many instances when I griped about why certain things happen/don't happen but in the end, I'm glad they turned out the way they did. :)

Hope you had a great Easter! Much love.

陳一豪 said...

Russia!??!?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners / Lissa / 陳一豪
– Amboi! All speculating! Hahahaha. None of you are correct. Mwahahaha.


ATTN: RealGunners
- Where you going and when?? Wah, winter in Aus... so nice. Blue Mountains? I heard it's nice. But I definitely won't go to that area for my honeymoon. Haha.


ATTN: Lissa
– Yesss! His ways are higher than our ways, His plans are better than our plans. =) Blessed Belated Easter to you, too, babe!


ATTN: 陳一豪
– SALAHSSSS!

RealGunners said...

I wasn't thinking about Alaska :P, I was thinking some Swiss town near the Alps, or Colorado...

I'm going to the latter.. June/July-ish...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Are the Swiss alps nice? I thought of Switzerland, too. Cos I saw pictures and they were really really nice. But... language barrier mesti susah giler right? :-/

RealGunners said...

The Alps is quite nice, and the cities in Switzerland are very nice too, language is not a problem, Swiss speaks good English, not like the Frenchies and Italians ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Oh issit??? Then can really consider also! Hmmm. Now I feel torn!

Lissa said...

New Zealand. <.<

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. You never give up do, you? =p We're looking into it lah. Haha. We'll see if plans work out. =)

Anonymous said...

if you do come to new zealand, queenstown will be a good honeymoon getaway :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: keili
– Haha. Any other tips to offer? Never been to NZ so it'd be great to have some insider information from ppl who know. =p

Lissa said...

AHA! So I was right! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Well, so far you are! Haha. Unless we change our minds. Hahahaha. I feel the Alps calling me, too! HAHAHA.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!