Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Love For All Things Pink, Shiny And Free

When I last flew down to KL, my flight got delayed due to heavy rains. And since my iPhone was already low on batt, I decided to pick up a magazine at the airport. Something I've not done in... goodness knows how long. 5 years, maybe? (I don't believe in spending hard-earned money on stuff I won't keep. And I hardly ever keep magazines except to use their pages to wrap pads. @_@)


ANYWAYS... I can't remember which magazine it was – definitely a woman's mag under RM10 – but it had a Shiseido ad with a head-over-to-our-counter-and-ask-for-a-sample tag attached. Well, since I'm a sucker for freebies, I kept that tag. A week later, I stopped by the Shiseido counter and exchanged it for my sample packet. But the lady must have been in a super good mood or something cos...


SHE GAVE ME
SEVEN SAMPLE PACKETS
INSTEAD OF ONE!! =D




"Nah, hor lu eiong chi lay pai," she said with a smile.
(English Translation: "Nah, let you use for a week.")

So what did I do?

Say "thank you" and lari lintang-pukang
before she changes her mind lah – DUH!

HAHAHA.


So, yes. I've now got a week's worth of Shiseido's White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum – worth RM410 per 30ml bottle at all Shiseido counters – sitting on my dressing table. Wheee! =D But since I'm a typical Penangite, I'm going to proceed to calculate my savings/earnings from this freebie. *grin* Each pack contains 0.3ml of serum. I've got 7 packs. That means...



• 7 packs x 0.3ml per sample pack = 2.1ml in total

• 2.1ml in samples makes up 7% of the 30ml bottle worth RM410

• 7% of RM410.00 = RM28.70 (REVENUE a.k.a what I "made"
from exchanging that tag I kept for the sample packs)

• Price spent on magazine = Approx. RM7 (COST)

• Difference = RM28.70 - RM7 = RM21.70 (PROFIT)

So technically, because I bought that magazine on a whim and coughed up the dough for a quick read just to kill airport boredom, I effectively got RM21.70 in return! Haha. Super worth it, man, that magazine. Hmmm... Maybe I should have bought more. HAHA.




NOTE: This is obviously not an advertorial. =p

4 comments :

ryusuke87 said...

everyone luv free stuff♥

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ryusuke87
– True dat!! Haha. Love it!

estherlauderlyn said...

hahahahah LARI LINTANG PUKANG!
man been ages since i've heard that phrase! so have you used it yet? let me know if got effect k :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Yeah, BM karat liao. Time to rediscover my Malaysian roots a bit. *GRIN*

And no. Never use yet. One day, one day. Haha. But sure! If got effect I'll let you know. (As if you got spots. Pfft! =p)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!