Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Durian For Supper

It's been years since I last had durians. YEARS. No kidding. It's just not one of those things I find myself craving. Like, ever. Maybe cos I'm not much into things that smell. And durians are just killer king kong when it comes to owning the smell department. Haha. Nevertheless, I do eat it. But usually with rice, salt, sugar and hot water. (I know it sounds damn weird but trust me, it's so much tastier that way!) Grandma's style!


Anyway, after my unproductive bridal shop visit last weekend, The Fiancé and I bought durians (two Red Prawns & one D24) at the corner of SS2 on a whim for supper with the rest of his extended family later that night. No longer is durian eaten fresh from its spiky skin like I remember. At least not in KL. Now, you get it tupperwared! Haha. How convenient! How modern! But also so very lacking in feeeeel. Like eating kuachi without skin. Yuck. Hahaha. =p


Anyhoo... picture time!


 The men "opening the durians". Cos that's what men do.


Bitter-sweet Red Prawns further up-left and sweet D24, bottom-right.


The Fiancé's aunt, digging in and getting her share of Red Prawn durian.


 I'm into sweet durians so I went straight for the D24.


NINE minutes later, we were all done. @_@


Finishing up with Chinese tea to wash it all down. =)


It was a tasty supper but... I think it'll be a long while till I eat durians again. Think I OD-ed and busted my annual durian quota liao. Haha. I can never get too much of the company though. =)

6 comments :

neena said...

Aaargghh... u got me staring at my screen like an idiot. And why are there still so many left? Mind me, I always over react when it comes to durians lol. I would hv finished both 'tupperwares' all on my own MUAHAHAHA!!
Better shut up before i go crazy.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
– HAHAHAHA. You so crazy over durians wan ah? You can have my share lah. Haha. I only eat it whenever the rest do. Am not its biggest fan. =p

And we didn't finish everything cos we were full from dinner. =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
– Oh, and the other women on the table were on a diet and apparently 3 parts of a durian make 1 plate of rice. APPARENTLY LAH. Haha.

neena said...

Yes I'm THAT crazy over durians. Full tummy or not. LOL.

They were on a diet? What a shame..hihihi.

estherlauderlyn said...

I miss durian..

I miss my daddy :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
– Smelly neena. =p And yeah. The women were on a diet. Haha.


ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– You'll be back and with him in no time, babe! =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!