Monday, March 21, 2011

Home-Cooked Dinner Away From Home

Back when I used to live alone in KL – all through my student days and even during my working years – there was one house I could always call home and one household I could always call family whenever my own flesh and blood were a good 5-hour bus ride away. Who, specifically? Well, it was actually The Fiancé's family – his uncle, aunt and three cousin sisters. (Although I personally think I'm closer to some of them than he is to them. Harhar. =p)


I knew his cousin, the oldest of that family, cos we were of the same age and attended Taylor's College together. We also happened to go to and serve in the same college fellowship (i.e. AYA) so there were lots of opportunities for our bond to grow tight and strong in ministry. (Today, she's one of my bridesmaids!) She introduced me to her sisters, mom and dad, and I was soon offered my fair share of dinner invitations. I even slept over a good number of times! Haha.


They may be blood relatives of The Fiancé. But because he was far, far away in the land called Penang back then, I had the rare and golden opportunity to get to know the family as "my friend's family"... rather than "my boyfriend's family". A lot less stressful and intimidating a situation for a newbie girlfriend like I was at the time, but thankfully, a lot more intimate and relaxed in setting. =)


Anyway, during my recent trip down to KL, I stayed over at their place (again) and was treated to a glorious spread just before I flew back to Penang, courtesy of The Fiancé's aunt and uncle. And it was big time yums! Look!


 Fried chicken, bolognese with pasta, and broccoli.


Angelhair with lots of cheese on top!!! *dies a happy girl*


And to cleanse our systems (and de-iodine-ise our insides – long, scientific story – tell/show you another time) after that meal, we leisurely enjoyed teapots after teapots of pu-erh tea. Super Cina style, of course. With a full-fledged Chinese tea set and all! How cultured of us! Haha.




And then I had to run off to catch my flight. -_-'''

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!