Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Perth, March '11: The Walk

So after arriving at Northbridge for Chinese dinner in a Blue CAT and feasting ourselves silly over much-too-expensive omelette, good-to-eat taugeh with kiam hu, delicious kung pow chicken and yummy mapo toufu, we proceeded to retrace our steps to catch another Blue CAT back into the City. Unfortunately, there was a slight miscalculation on our part and... we missed the bus.


-_-

That's right. We missed the freaking bus!
As in WE! MISSED! THE! LAST! FREAKING!
BUS! INTO! THE! CITY! FOR! THE! DAY!

*slaps forehead*

*dies*


So how? Again, no car... WALK LOR! So we walked all the way back to the apartment in the city from Chinatown. -_-''' But it was good exercise after a big meal, I suppose. Would probably have been better if the weather wasn't quite as toasty though. :-/ Even so, I had fun taking pictures all the way back. =)


The view of the city in the distance from where I was.




The framing of this picture annoys me. I wish I'd positioned
the camera a little higher and given the pic room for a little more
sky so the lights on the top-left didn't get cropped out but, hey,
I was also trying to cross the street without getting myself killed. -_-''


Train tracks as seen from the stairway leading up to the overhead bridge.


Gotta love Australian graffiti.


On and "in" the overhead bridge above the train tracks.


So close yet so far!


The Fiancé and I, past the City and finally
walking down a slope toward the apartment.


I can't remember how long it took us to get back home exactly. Probably 20-30mins from the time we set off from the Northbridge Blue CAT bus stop if I'm not mistaken. A pretty long walk after an early morning and an international flight on a warm Summer night but... in hindsight, I kinda enjoyed it. =)


Anyway, more on this trip to Perth later.
I feel a headache coming on. Boo!


-----------------
Related Posts
----------------- 

5 comments :

Unknown said...

Wow very nice and beautiful images I love all the movement photos. Very cute smile and attractive pose.
thank you for the nice and cute post.

Restaurants Brugge

Unknown said...

Oh really great images and great location I really love this post. But i ask you that what happened in your cell phone.


Travel Links

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Nand
– Thanks. And what smile and pose are you talking about, man? There's none in this post.

And my cell phone? Smashed the screen earlier.

Terence Song said...

Love the photos in this post!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Terence Song
– The colours so nice hor? The sky so blue and the tungsten lights so yellow.

I actually took more pictures when I was in Australia last year. But no time to edit and publish. :-/

Post a Comment

Talk to me!