Monday, March 07, 2011

The Reveal!

Perth, Australia from 2 - 6 March 2011.


So as you can tell by now, I went MIA cos I made a trip down south to Perth, WA last week(end). And before you consider me fortunate for being able to jump on a plane at the onset of March, know that the trip was not at all for vacation purposes. Nope, it was a super speedy, super busy trip with The Fiancé and his family to get some stuff sorted out.




We flew MAS this time around and I must say that I was very disappointed with the level of service and *cough* Malaysian Hospitality *cough cough* we received. (This calls for a dedicated post.) Although you probably can't tell from the expression on my face in the following pictures.




Please excuse the tired-meets-hyper expression I was wearing. I was running on 2+ hours of sleep, no thanks to a 4:15AM wake-up due to our 6AM check-in time. -_-''' (We live 45 minutes away from Penang International Airport. 45 minutes – no more, no less. The FiancĂ© swears by it.)



Could have also been cos of the free kacang masin...




...and free Magnum Minis they were giving out
to all passengers onboard flight MH 125.






Or maybe it was cos of all that in-flight entertainment
at my disposal, designed for my in-flight enjoyment.




Just cos I love them TV time-outs.
And I love free TV time-outs even more. =p

ANYWAYS...


1 speedy car ride, 1 check-in, 1 domestic flight, 1 confusing transit, 1 international flight, 1 in-flight  movie, 1 in-flight episode of Glee, and 1 crazy hot and super smelly cab ride later, I was back at the apartment in Perth City. The very same one I crashed at during those 3 months I played the partially unemployed tourist in Australia. Haha. Except that this time, it's no longer freezing cold. Instead, it's FREAKING HOT.


Baking in a hot cab with a smelly cab driver,
on the way from the airport into Perth City.


This turned out to be my very first Summer in Australia and boy, oh boy, now I know why I've always either gone in Autumn, Winter or Spring. Cos I'm sane. Anybody who willingly heads into Australia during the Summer months is just C-R-A-Z-Y in my books. It's ridiculously hot down there!


There wasn't a single cloud in the sky, the sun burned whenever my skin came into contact with it, and the sunlight was simply blinding. Like, LITERALLY! If you look out of the car window for just 2 seconds and look inside again, you see floating orbs similar to those light spots you get after taking pictures with flash. Yep, you'll get that. ALL THE TIME. Even when you don't stare into the sun and are just looking at passing buildings. @_@


Oh, and you don't ever get sweaty (at least I don't) cos the air is exceptionally dry. Even so, it's far from comfortable cos it always feels like you're baking in a dry sauna. Baking your life away and reversing any facial or spa sessions you've ever invested your hard-earned money in. All gone! Kaput! Wasted! -_-'''


Aiya, I don't know how else to explain lah
but Summers in Perth are just baaaad... -_-'''


----------------
Related Post
----------------

1 comments :

ChickLit said...

...that would've been my third guess. :-p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!