Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saya Bangga Menjadi Pengundi Malaysia

After all the hype and excitement collectively contributed by contesting politicians, the media, as well as friends and family, I can hardly believe that election day's over. No more messed up sidewalks and flag-lined streets?





Dang. I'm gonna have to start getting used to being able to see them traffic lights clearly again! Gone is the perfect excuse to beat the red light – "Saya tak boleh nampak lampu lah, Encik. Muka orang biru dan merah tutup semua. Boleh maaf tak?" *points fingers then grins* You know you do it... you terrible people, you.


Check out the BN branding, yo. So kuat.


I was assigned to Room 4. Apparently, that's the
Junior Voter's room. -_- It's at the furthest end
of the corridor. The inexperienced voters go there.
I'm guess it's cos they're working on the assumption
that new voters will probably be young voters...
who can walk further than the other aunties and uncles.


It was so weird being in that room. I happened to be the only one there at the time so I had the full attention of all the penjaga. And all of them were giving me a look. You know that look? The one the people wear on their faces, in the dream where you show up at school naked? Well, they all had that face on. LIKE, WASSUP YO??? You never seen a voter before ah? ...I don't get it. -_-


Dark orange for Parliament; yellow ocher for State.


All in all, it was a pretty okay experience lah. Nothing much to shout about. I mean, it's probably the easiest MCQ I've ever done in my life so... it's really no biggie. *grin* All I know is that the big deal about today, is that I voted for democracy. And I'm glad I did. Am so proud of myself. *pats self on back*


-----------


If you haven't registered yourself as a voter, please do so at your nearest post office so that you'll be ready for the NEXT election. It's a real simple procedure. I got myself registered in under 5 minutes. Serious! So, go register, okay? After all, you've got four years till the next elections. That's a freaking long time. In fact, it's enough time for you to make a baby, give birth, have her up walking and calling you 'Mama', wei. So long time. So, don't make our claim, "Malaysia is a democratic country," a lie. Be a voter.

*blink blink*

I amaze myself with my patriotic spirit. Haha.


-----------


And no, don't bother askin' cos I ain't showin' you no X's. =p

15 comments :

Ashleigh said...

Good for ya!!! I hope you voted for the right candidate and for the right reasons! =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Ashleigh
– Haha. Yeah. I KNOW I voted for the right candidate. We'll see how things go from here. =p

Did you vote?

Jovin Wong said...

New voters = Young voters. I got room no.6 and have to climb upstairs to vote somemore -.-;;

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hiyashi
– You believe that, too??? Haha. At least then it's not only me who thinks that way. So weird, hor? My parents got Room 3. Means they not so old lah, hor? Haha.

Jovin Wong said...

Of cos! Climb upstairs wei. I don't see no older people doing that. Met an old schoolmate, her mom voted downstairs and she upstairs, too. You say believe anot oh?

Oooh, and your parents are indeed a few years younger than mine. My parents got Room 2. HAHAHA... so it
s Tinki's Believe It Or Not! =P

Jovin Wong said...

Why my 'it's' pecah already wan? Tak boleh tahan, cannot edit comment somemore. >__< *so tempted to delete it*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hiyashi
– This is age discrimination, man. Sook Yee and Esther kena which room? Haha. 1? *evil grin*

Jovin Wong said...

I tak tau eh. But that's just so looking for trouble no? I scared scared to ask. Hahaha...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for voting man :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hiyashi
– Haha. Sure kena sound wan. Instant death. HAHA. I also dare not ask... that's why I ask you. =p

Don't you guys share a colleague-to-colleague friendship card that allows one killer question a week or something? I heard it breeds stronger bonds of friendship between people at the workplace. Heh heh. =p


ATTN: danny
– Haha. You make it sound like you're a politician giving his TQ speech. =p

Melsong said...

You are to be commended! So proud of you for t
traveling more than 700km to vote. We need more citizens like you!

Simon Seow said...

I think they sort the voting series by year. The younger you are, the further you have to go. I climbed two floors to vote.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Haha. Yes yes. Sleep laaaaaa.


ATTN: Simon Seow
– Whoa. Then thank goodness the school I was assigned to was a real small one. One floor kau tim. =p

notenotingnoted said...

Malaysia is a democratice country, based on the result.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: noting9tong
– Hmmm. That's subject to debate, actually. Cos democracy means everybody has a voice. Right? It doesn't mean everybody thinks that different people should rule. So actually, the results don't tell us we're democratic. It's the vote count that says that. The higher the vote count, the greater the democracy. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!