Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Of All The Rotten Luck

I'm thinking that my Monday was already decidedly off to a bad start from the time I woke up considering I found myself looking into the mirror with YET ANOTHER PIMPLE staring back at me.




One ruby per fortnight with the last one
just before the Nuffnang Pajama Party!?
Cannot liddat lah.

-_-


Haiyo. And rotten timing also, wei. I've got meetings with clients all week! Aargh! They're gonna think, "Eeyer, this Copywriter never wash face wan uh." How lah!?


And then, Ah Beng decided to go on EL today, leaving me to fend for the rights of The Cu•bi•cle alone. So un-Zen. What with the non-existence of lala, feng thau music and all things Ah Beng-ish. So tak biasa. Way too quiet also.


Then, this TVC I was working on hadn't enough frames for all I had to say so now... dunno how also. Gotta wait for other people to get back to me or else I've got to squeeze something out of whatever's there. Funny. It's like I was hired to work miracles. -_-


Not enough, Male Ah Lian and I realised UPON PRESENTATION TO SUIT (meaning after brainstorming for hours over a few days, after approval of ideas by creative heads, after preparation of initial visuals and copy, after feedback from creative heads, after making the necessary amendments, and after final approval by creative heads) that we've been working on an inaccurate understanding of an unclear brief!!! AAARRGGHHHH! Frus or not? It's back to the drawing board for us now to prepare for presentation to client TOMORROW. That's in like 9 hours!!! How lah!?


And then, after rushing everything out for all my other clients so that I can focus on what's most urgent for me at this point in time deadline-wise, I went home and then, on the way, MY TAYAR MATI-KOYAK-PANCIT ON THE WAY COS OF A STUPID POTHOLE!!!




Suey or not? I ask you, today I suey or not!?


My only consolation was that I wasn't driving home alone. See, this is why girls should never never ever travel alone at night. Thank goodness I'm smart. And brilliant. And brainy. And brilliant some more. (Yes, I like saying that I'm brilliant. Anyway, cut me some slack lah, okay. I've had a bad day. I have the right to enjoy some extent of narcissism in this post.) Malangnya, I wasn't smart enough to travel with somebody who knows something (anything!) about cars.


Uncle here took half an hour to figure out
how to remove the jack from my boot. -_-


Like pangsai liddat, hor?


Quite fail lor. Thank goodness I'm an AAM member. See, another proof that I'm brilliant. *big big smile* (Okay, fine. My mom's the brilliant one for getting me signed up when I started driving. -_- I give credit when credit's due wan lah.) So, AAM guy came and finished up the job in 5 minutes. No joking, no exaggeration. 5 minutes. FLAT. Uncle cannot fight AAM guy lah. AAM guy wins hands down. But at least Uncle tried, right? It's the effort and the thought that counts. Bravo, Uncle. You did well.


So now, I'm driving around with this:





No rims, no nothing! Just plain botak. So ugly.
Need to get replacement car tire tomorrow.

Haih.

Tuesday had better be better than this laaaa.
Now, I gotta get to work. Ugh, I hate my life.

-_-


-----------


IMPORTANT NOTE TO SELF:
Replace car tire that died-ed by. This. Week.
No procrastination allowed. Not this time.

18 comments :

sheon said...

dang...lucky you had help. remember the emergency flat tire can be used only temporarily ok? max speed 80km/h for 200km. quickly go fix your pancat tire and put i back k?....lest you wanna risk another puncture....

:) good luck for your week ah! go get'em pam!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Got liddat type of rule for spare tire wan meh? Never knew.

luxen said...

May tomorrow be a perfect day
May you find love and laughter along the way
May God keep you in His tender care
'Till He brings us together again

Simon Seow said...

Drink more water, get enough sleep.

Anonymous said...

Poor Tinki....Yup! You should get the punctured tyre repaired ASAP. If the punture is due to the nail, the workshop will usually 'tampal' and charge you about RM 5-10.

Anyhow those are small matters only...dun be too hard on thyself...=)

sheon said...

pam..yes, got like that rule one. :)

Anonymous said...

hah! samsung SyncMaster 997MB monitor spotted behind u!

dun use good year ar, coz only the ads also said, good year tyre reach home safely :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: luxen
– Awww. Thanks. Nice poem. Haha.


ATTN: Simon Seow
– Huh? Where did that come from? Haha. Tiba tiba aje!


ATTN: adrian
– But it's not a puncture lah. More like a tear in the tire. Have to buy new one.


ATTN: sheon
– Hmmm. *thinking thinking*


ATTN: yipguseng
– A WHAT monitor!? What talking you? Huh?! I'm lost.

Anyway, I dun like Good Year. It came with the car. I'm a Michelin fan.

Simon Seow said...

It's for your pimple la. That's how not to get pimple often. -_-

sheon said...

i am a michelin fan as well, however, their pilot preceda 2 a little over my budget....rm250/piece. so i had to settle for silverstone kruizer ns 700. so far, i'm quite satisfied with it.....wet grip pretty impressive.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Oh. HAHAHAHA. Didn't know you were talking about that. =p


ATTN: sheon
– I dun like Silverstone. Falken also suck. The threads die very fast lah. And Falken doesn't have even wear and tear wan.

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

my gosh.. well as they say when crap happen it happen all in one go :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– But like super crap lor. =_=

Chew said...

You really have to drive away from all those port hole.

sheon said...

your highness, you awe me with your knowledge on tires...... *bow*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: David Chew
– Ya lor. I usually do! I hate going over them and killing my suspension at the same time. But... I didn't see this one!!! =(


ATTN: sheon
– HAHA. Now I'm Queen of Tires, too!?

Anonymous said...

neh neh, the monitor behind on the photo u pointed out ur bean on ur face :D

hehe, sorry ar, coz i really like to look at photo's background :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yipguseng
– Cheh. Haha. That's my partner's monitor. Sit with him so long I never even check out the brand before. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!