Sunday, March 30, 2008

Appreciate The Little Things

I've lost sight of what's important.

And that in itself, is depressing.


Of late, I've come to realise that I've been harping on all the bad that's intentionally or unintentionally been bestowed upon me, so much so that I've forgotten what it means to be happy over the little things that still pop by every once in awhile.


NOTE: List compiled, written
and organized in no particular order.


The little things that never fail to make me happy: -
  1. Baby smell.
  2. Babies (in general).
  3. Puppies.
  4. Massages – the relaxing kind.
  5. Spa therapy (though I've never tried it before).
  6. Retail therapy.
  7. Shoes that look good and don't bite.
  8. A good cry.
  9. Laughing till I cry.
  10. Laughing so hard my tummy begins to hurt.
  11. Laughing for no reason at all.
  12. Spending quality time with people who matter.
  13. Pats on the back.
  14. Pats on the head.
  15. Girly giggles.
  16. Inside jokes.
  17. Good conversations.
  18. Dancing (or washing cars) in the rain.
  19. Dancing.
  20. Pillow fights.
  21. Long, hot showers.
  22. Bubble baths.
  23. The smell of clean cloths and fresh laundry.
  24. Neatly pressed clothes.
  25. Clean sheets.
  26. Made beds.
  27. A dark room to sleep in at night.
  28. Sweet dreams.
  29. Late mornings.
  30. Public holidays.
  31. Road trips.
  32. Clear, traffic-free highways and byways.
  33. Green lights.
  34. Taking the day off from work to do nothing at all.
  35. Pay day.
  36. Finding money I've forgotten about in my pockets a month or two later.
  37. Discounts.
  38. Free cashier counters.
  39. Not having to wait in line at the Ladies.
  40. Fast torrents.
  41. Having people read what you say online.
  42. Knowing that what you say online actually matters to the people who read it.
  43. Getting to know that someone thinks you're nice.
  44. Having someone tell you you're beautiful (in their eyes or otherwise).
  45. Phone calls (Skype calls?) that last for hours.
  46. Surprise phone calls in the middle of the day (or night).
  47. Surprise e-cards.
  48. Surprises.
  49. Sweet SMS-es.
  50. Snail mail.
  51. Love notes.
  52. Presents.
  53. Being with people who tell me they miss me and mean every word they say.
  54. Falling in love.
  55. Being loved.
  56. Having someone cook for you.
  57. Having someone like the smell of your hair.
  58. Having someone dry your hair for you.
  59. Toothpaste on your toothbrush.
  60. Falling asleep in another's arms.
  61. Kisses.
  62. Hugs.
  63. Holding hands.
  64. Leisurely strolls in the park.
  65. Wind on my face and in my hair.
  66. Flowers.
  67. Playing the dating game (with the same person over and over again).
  68. Aromatherapy candles.
  69. Jazz.
  70. Sappy love songs.
  71. Ballads.
  72. Hearing my favourite song being played on radio.
  73. Blue skies.
  74. Hilltop mist.
  75. Pretty scenery.
  76. Beautiful mornings.
  77. Glorious sunrises.
  78. Breath-taking sunsets.
  79. Twinkly stars.
  80. Me time.

I know what matters.

And that's all that matters.

18 comments :

luxen said...

I would add to the list relieving myself in the toilet after having to hold it for a very long time. Feels soooo gooooood after that.

Helping people makes me feel good too. Especially if its a total stranger. To know that I made a difference for the better in someone's life.

Nikkiko said...

my golly, 80 points!

aren't the female species quaint, just the smallest things make us happy ^_^

cheers

sheon said...

wow......long list. i could use most of what is on your list. however, i would rather have someone sleeping in my arms than me sleeping in hers...firstly coz i like, secondly coz i dont think anybody's arm can handle my weight. hehehehe
hate massages...but like giving them (ironic huh?). i give massages to ppl in my office one. hahaha..coming to think of it, wouldnt it be extremely weird if one day your boss comes and gives you a good back/shoulder rub..then walks away?shit, i need to put myself in their shoes wei. ooooo, free cash vouchers!recalled when i was a student, i won rm200 carrefour vouchers...it felt like a million dollars!! neatly packed clothes, simply no time to do it myself while out at work, only can savour that feeling when i'm home with mom. baby smell?...do you know newborn babies smell really 'sweet'?...and finally, yeah...you're beautiful..teehee©
(y no ans my calls?..sulks)

infinitium said...

80 only???

But that's quite an exhaustive list.. think you got it pretty much covered. Just how long did it take to write all that down la?

:)
J

infinitium said...

on 2nd thought, i'll add one more (this one is on my own list):

"having a dog lay its head on your lap and sigh (yes, dogs can sigh)"

:D
J

Pam Song said...

ATTN: luxen
– HAHAHA. Ooo, that, I'd agree. It really does feel nice after holding in pee or poop for a long time. =p But... It'd so spoil the mood of my post lah!

And the helping ppl part is a good way to feel good. Unfortunately, you don't really know who to trust these days.


ATTN: Nikkiko
– Haha. Yes, we are! Too bad too few guys realise this. Cheers!


ATTN: sheon
– Haha. I'm talking in terms of me being a girl wattt. So of course it's me falling asleep in someone elses arms lah!

Eh, massage massage at the work place is unprofessional and borderline sexual harassment okayyy. Some companies fire ppl for it. Serious.

Of course I know new born babies smell heavenly. I wrote that point!!! Haha.

Me busy lah. And phone on silent when in church.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Maybe this list will grow. Haha. Maybe. And no lah, I didn't take very long. Cos it's so natural to be happy over these little things, I didn't really need to THINK about it. Maybe... 15mins? Not too bad, right? =)

And yes, I know dogs sigh. I have a pup at home. More like a dog already la. Was gonna blog about her one day. Haha. Thanks for reminding. =p

sheon said...

they enjoy being massaged...hahaha.. coz i give them so much work to do. and...a subordinate cant fire his boss. :P

Anonymous said...

Yo! Go pamper yourself with spa treatment (like twice a month) la......Dunla be so kiam siap.....

Johnny Ong said...

i like the massages

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon s
– Wah! Then even worse! Boss taking advantage of employees!


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Eh, spa is very expensive lah. And TWICE a month?? I no need eat already lor.


ATTN: Johnny Ong
– Me too! But the gentle, relaxing kind lah. Not the kind that try to rip off my limbs. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Haha...liddat....once a month la...Psst! KKS ada mah...Mwahahaha =P

sheon said...

hey...its their job! and its my job to make sure they do their job! :P

come, i take you to haatyai, spa there is dirt cheap! dirt cheap!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. He not even here to help send me to the spa lah. Haha. If only... One day lah. When that time comes, I'll blog about the experience. Until then, I'll TALK about spas. Not go. =(


ATTN: sheon
– Eeyer. Haatyai? Dodgy lah.

sheon said...

hahaha..dodgy?....dodgy is dannok lar. haatyai also got dodgy...but.. you have a choice for non-dodgy one lar...... i have an entry on this topic in my blog. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Most I feel quite dodgy lor.

Johnny Ong said...

those that rip off yr limps - traditional thai massage

those more relaxing ones are indonesian traditional massage

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Johnny Ong
– I tried that before also wor. Also sakit like hell. =(

Post a Comment

Talk to me!