Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Many Misses

I miss eating our Bak Kut Teh dinners in front of the telly. The ones where you eat all the bak and I eat most of the tau pok and tau ki. (I'm not a big fan of pork.)


I miss passing over my ewe chang to you whenever we have Hokkien Mee. (I do it cos I don't eat onions either.)


I miss the way you shake your spoon and whatever mee it is you have in your soup before feeding it to me. Even though you don't understand why I do it. But you do it anyways cos you know I always do it. (I'm not crazy. There's a reason to why I do it.)


I miss running down for Mega Pavilion hotdogs with you just cos we craved them so. Movie or no movie, we just wanted the hotdogs. With melted cheese on top.


I miss our Sunday morning Lor Mee breakfasts. And the way you place your hand on the small of my back while we cross the street to the coffee shop, from the illegal lot you always park at.


I miss your left hand holding mine while you drive. Too bad you're driving a manual now. I'd rather burn petrol than to not have my hand in yours. But I'm silly that way. Or at least I know you'd think I'm silly to think that way.


I miss racing around the neighbourhood we lived in with the Rexton top down. It was thrilling. I never thought you'd go for the idea but you did. And thinking back, I think the only reason you did it was cos it made me happy and estatic to feel the wind on my face.


I miss following you on your climbs up Penang Hill. And having you piggyback me just before we reach 46 cos you say that walking with me doesn't qualify as exercise.


I miss the times we went swimming at the pool downstairs. I remember how it took you a half hour just to get me into the feezing water. Haha. And I remember that you used to piggyback me in the water, too, cos I wanted to move around and play with water but was too lazy to move a muscle.


I miss the times you piggybacked me up and down the stairs of the old house. And even the time when you carried me on your shoulders cos we wondered if you'd be able to do it. Then we realised that with me way up there, we couldn't possibly get past the door frame. =p


I miss falling asleep beside you as you studied. But that was before we 'upgraded' to me falling asleep with my head on your lap while you studied with your textbook resting on my head. That way, we got to be closer to one another, I didn't have to sleep with the lights in my eyes, and you got to get your work done without having to worry that I wasn't getting enough rest or that I was bored.


I miss sitting next to you as you studied for your SPM. Doing nothing more than watch you study. And sure, at times I read. But... confession: I think the book read me more than I read it. =p


I miss watching back-to-back episodes of So You Think You Can Dance with you. On your lap. On your work chair. With my laptop propped in front of us and my external harddisk whirring by its side.


I miss the times you asked me to give you haircuts cos you didn't like what them Indian barbers did to your hair. I enjoyed it so much I didn't even mind the cleaning up after. I think it's cos it felt like you trusted me. That you believed in me. More than you believed in 'professionals' even. And that made me happy. That made it worth it. I'm sorry I cut you once, though. Not purposely wan. =(


I miss buying you Nike Tennis tees. Too bad they don't rock as hard these days. Am not too impressed with the current designs and lines so... no tees for you.


I miss doing laundry with you. Even when you drop my freshly laundered clothes on the sandy launderette cement floor. And even when you mix the colours of my clothes pegs. (I'm so anal with those things, you wouldn't believe me if I told you.)


I miss washing cars with you watching you wash cars. And taking pictures of you doing silly things while you're soaping Baby or any other car up.


I miss the time you blew soap bubbles at me just cos I said that it felt like a play-a-fool-at-the-patio day.


I miss the times you serenaded me with your guitar. I remember I even recorded it once. Just before you left for that continent that has kept you, to pursue your degree. You sang Sister Hazel's Your Winter cos you knew I loved the acoustic intro to the song. Yeah, you always amaze me with the many sounds you're able to create with six strings and a hollow block of womanly-shaped wood.


I miss the time you sang songs outside my bathroom door while I took my bath. Talking About A Revolution by Tracy Chapman was my favourite of that set of tunes. You sounded really nice singing it. I guess that's why I still remember it today. And gosh, it's already been 5 years since then.


I miss you being a 7-minute drive away. I miss you being in the same state as I am. I miss you being in the same country as I am. And I miss you being in the same continent as I am. Basically, I miss you.

34 comments :

zecount said...

*insert song "From Where You are"*

;o)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Haha. If only it were that simple. Or that perfect. Somehow, my relationship with him has never been that way lah. Something always goes wrong. Plans always go awry. And things always don't work out the way we plan them to.

So I highly doubt that that music would play at the right time. I'd probably be unfortunate enough to get a scratched CD that skips. -_-

estherlauderlyn said...

sigh :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Sigh. May you have it better, babe. =(

TracyEm. said...

feel you. deep deep.

my many misses for you too.

:(

can call me or not!!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Moey Yin Leng
– Thanks, babe. =( And yes yes! I wanna call also! But my schedule is crazeeeee!!! =(

Dinner tonight? Boleh?

zecount said...

wah ... what's with the super kau kau emo keterlampuan ni??!! ur buried so deep (both work n emo) i have to dig u up leh

well ... i guess it's safe to say that u'll both appreciate each others company when u actually do meet up ...although it may be diff but both of u know the other had made a big sacrifice and effort to meet up ...despite the plans that do go awry :)

zecount said...

wah !! so ngam !!! ...better write this date down

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– I don't know if I wanna be dug up, actually. Maybe me feeling this way is good. Then I can think straight for once. Feel what I need to feel. And not have to pretend that I'm happy.

And sure, we appreciate each other's company when we meet up. And that's like, what? 10 days a year? Great. Whoopie.

And sacrifice isn't worth it if it's not appreciated.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– What talking you lah? What's so ngam?

zecount said...

oh man ... i dun think i've ever seen u buried so deep

i'll say i'll give u a hug ... but then i think a sis would be better suited for the job right now

*scatching head*
man so much for trying to "lift you up" ... i kinda lost now .... mission fail

Jeffro said...

Inserts the certain part of the song "I miss you like crazy" by moffats (why certain part? coz no all parts are nice)

Wah so many misses.. I also miss alot..

I miss-ed school..
I miss-ed my lunch..
I miss-Took sum1..

LOL! but that's not the point..
-----------------------------
*awwwwh*
Oh Boy..

when someone's home, some-other-one will be sticking to that someone so closely that the someone never felt more home before..

^_^

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

awww so sweet :) I hope he's reading that

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Yeah. This time, it's... different. Can't say why. It just is. =(


ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. I miss that song, too. =p Those were some pretty good years of my life. Not the best nor the greatest but... pretty okay.

And your misses spoil my misses project lah!

Who'll be home?


ATTN: Linora 'Aronil' Low
– I don't know if he's read it, babe. Don't know if he reads my blog anymore also. Heh. His work's been consuming all his time so... it's just me. Oh well.

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

lol at least you have this immortalised permanently somewhere on the net hehe... imagine this like you know how in movies they carave the heart on a tree.. you careve this on the net :P of course it'll be nicer if it was him doing it la. all the same :) it's there for him to read if he ever sees it. Hope all is well with you

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Linora 'Aronil' Low
– Yeah, I guess. Should I ever find the need to remind myself as to why I love him, this post would probably turn out to be a great help.

And yes. It would be nice if it was the other way around. I'll probably never have it though. He's just not the kind nor the type to.

sheon said...

you shake your spoon or mee coz you want any soup sticking beneath the spoon or on the mee to drip and dirty your chin?

sweet post. if my imaginary gf wrote this for me......i'll empty my life savings of rm45.32 to buy the biggest ring i can afford, and propose.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. No. That's not why I shake my spoon. =p

And you know what? Your comment totally made my day a million times better. Seriously. Have been having such a crappy day and been feeling exceptionally lousy. =(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– I forgot to say one last thing.

Thank you, Sheon.

sheon said...

no.....thank YOU!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– *smiles*

Unknown said...

Awww,

that's just so schweet.

Print it out stick on da wall. Touched so many ppl's heart and inspired Sheon along as well.

Atta girl.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha. If I was to see this everyday, I'd be so depressed I wouldn't ever be able to write anything like this again.

But thanks. =)

Jeffro said...

haha.. Oh so you've heard that song too? Some ppl duno at all.. =.="

LOL.. adding some spice into your misses ma.. Sowiie loo..

Who's gonna be home? Well obviously not me.. Your *err hemm+clearing throats* lar..

Unknown said...

Well, i relli meant, printing it out in its full colour glory plus all those comments including that one *twinkling* from Sheon bout bankrolling a diamond ring. Put it in your foto album or some diary or those foto scrap book.

U dont wanna have to open a html file or text file to read it, dont u. Print it out and keep it somewhere in an album. I dont wanna hear this I'd be so depressed I wouldn't ever be able to write anything like this again. Neh Neh Neh Neh again. Now go Tinki, be free!

Anonymous said...

wei.. berbakat ni

TracyEm. said...

woman!! you made a date with me HERE!!!!?????

Luckily i came back to check, and even that...a day late! Wahlau!

Sms boleh ka? haha

gives tight-suck-out-all-the-air hug!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Yeah, I have. That wan my secondary years ma. Haha. All the boyband era. =p

And cheh. Who says he'll be home wor? Pfft. Nobody's coming back for me lah. Not so fortunate.


ATTN: Chris
– Haha. Hmmm. That's an idea. I may screen capture the bling ring comment. =p Made me go all happy happy joy joy. Haha.


ATTN: Chris C
– Haha. Terima kasih, terima kasih. =p


ATTN: Moey Yin Leng
– YA LAH! You never respond!!! Grrr. And yes, you're a day late. =_=

Jeffro said...

haha.. i bet that was way long time ago ei?


*awwwh* so shaad.. T_T
I'll come home.. For X'mas.. when's a plate of cookies, better still brownies and a cup of milk for me.. =P

Anonymous said...

Whoa! So touchy!..If my woman ever write this.....I love her to death!...

You go cure your all your misses....another trip to Aus lor =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Babi, you saying I'm old again lah!!!


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. Well, too bad for me, not all men are like you.

And we'll see about that trip to Aus. You think fly here fly there very cheap issit? Haha.

Anonymous said...

haha...Air Asia says wan..."Now everybody can fly!" =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– They bluff. It's still very ex. =(

Jeffro said...

O_O i say u young, u say u old..
i say something that was long time ago, u say i say u old, den u not happy.. O_O

btw.. what old again? u can only be old once.. I SAY YOU ARE YOUNG!!!
*oink oink*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!