Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Wannabe Mind-Reader

Today, I received a surprise phone call from an instantly-can-click-but-hardly-ever-meet-up friend I haven't heard from in a looong time. During our neuron-frying mobile phone conversation, I decided to share some news with her. News I knew she'd been waiting for for a very long time. So I said...


-----------


Pam Song: Eh, babe. I tell you something ok? Dun tell anybody else yet ah. Nobody know yet wan.

Wannabe Mind-Reader: Oh! Oh! Lemmie guess! Lemmie guess! You... you... you got engaged!!!

Pam Song: Uh... no.

Wannabe Mind-Reader: Wait wait... Lemmie guess again! You... broke up with your boyfriend!!!

Pam Song: Uh... no.

Wannabe Mind-Reader: Oh. My. Goodness... Pamela Song, you got married!!!

Pam Song: Haiyo, woman! No lah! Stop guessing!


-----------


It's amazing how wannabe mind-readers think lah, I tell you. A-m-a-z-i-n-g. What I don't get is why every guess revolved around me and my relationship. Hello, you all think I have no life outside my relationship wan issit? Grrr.


"Lemmie guess! Lemmie guess! You... you... you got engaged!!!"


See??? The first guess had to do with her thinking that I've decided to take my relationship one step further and one step closer to the happily-ever-after I've always dreamed of. Well, nothing's happened. Yet. I haven't been proposed to. I don't have a ring on my finger (that's not from a pasar malam). And it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon anyways so... no. Wrong guess.


"Lemmie guess again! You... broke up with your boyfriend!!!"


This second guess had to do with me chucking aside my current relationship and killing whatever thoughts of there being a happily-ever-after in the near future. Well, apparently we're still sporting that In A Relationship status on Friendster (so yesterday) and on Facebook (I should really start Facebooking more) so I'm going to say that this guess is pretty far out, too.


"Oh. My. Goodness... Pamela Song, you got married!!!"


And the third guess, as you can see, was of me having sealed the deal, finally reaching that happily-ever-after and bringing my relationship into a whole new dimension. *blink blink* Uh, say what? A bit off, right? My partner happens to be on an entirely different continent pursuing his dreams of a great career. While I'm here. Doing my own thing. So to this, I say, "Marriage schmarriage."


Sigh.

*shakes head*

All I can say is that this wannabe mind-reader needs a new job.

13 comments :

Jeffro said...

LMAO! All wrong guesses.. Aiyo.. Woman.. go brush up your skills! LOL *runs away before someone pulverizes me*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Ya lor! So off. Haha.

zecount said...

aiya ... and i tot u were going share share the secret pula ...chei

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– HAHA. Since when do I openly share secrets here lah, Zecount??? You should know me better by now! Considering you're probably my oldest (as in longest time) reader here! =p

Jeffro said...

*pops back into the scene* LOL.. but then again.. What's life without a lil humor rite?
*zooms and runs away*

zecount said...

well... one can always wish rite hehehe ... i mean the "no face" policy also dah change hehehehe *throws coin into wishin well* wait *throws a whole bag of coin into wishin well*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Yeah, that's why I blogged it. Haha. Funny lah she.


ATTN: zecount
– Eh, please! If you wanna throw coins, can you please throw them my way ah??? Sheesh!

zecount said...

eh .. the coins are for the wishin well lah ... u want coin come look for me lah *which is a good thing .. so lama didn't see you i dun even remember what u look like anymore.. in person*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Hey! You think my company is worth a few coins! Too much.

Jeffro said...

Hahaha.. She's definitely funny.. ^_^
Still guessing things wrongly??

zecount said...

no ... ur company definately not worth a few coins .... u on the otherhand hmmmm .... after ur "finding pennies quest" ... is a whole different story all together hehehehe

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– I don't know. I haven't seen her since then. =p


ATTN: zecount
– Haha. I don't like this penny, money talk. -_- It gets depressing.

Jeffro said...

LOL.. she disappeared from the face of the earth?? OMG...

this is matter of national security!! Quick track her down!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!