Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bangkok, September '12: Room 1910, Pathumwan Princess Hotel

This is my second time in Bangkok. Can't for the life of me remember where my family and I stayed at the first time I was there though. I think it was somewhere near Platinum Mall. But I can't be sure of it. Forgot liao. HAHA. Whoops. Anyway, this time, The Husband booked Pathumwan Princess Hotel for us.




The interesting thing about Pathumwan Princess Hotel is that each hotel guest is registered; not just one name per room. At first I thought it was kinda redundant and a waste of time. But later, I found out why and decided it was awesome.


My printed registration form on top of The Husband's. 


Your name is what you use to get connected
to free WiFi in your room and around the hotel!  


I asked for a non-smoking floor during registration and was told that this is a smoke-free hotel. Whoaaa... How cool! I like this place already! Security is also pretty tight here at Pathumwan Princess Hotel. Every entrance is guarded by a guard with a hand-held scanner (even the entrances from MBK) and the main entrance is guarded by two guards and has a full-body scanner like the kind you find at airports.


Guards at the main entrance in front of the full-body scanner.


All lifts also require key card verification before you can press the level you wanna get off at. Quite impressive lah for Thailand, I think. But I wonder why. Lots of people wanna bomb Bangkok meh? Hmmm... Anyway, we took the lift up to the 19th floor where our room was on.


Shakey pic cos it was taken while I was walking.

 Orchids by the window at the lift area.


Got into our room and immediately started taking pictures of everything and anything before The Husband started messing stuff up and/or shifting things around. HAHA.


 Our room's key card. 2 cards per room are allocated.

The entryway.

The bed.

The study.

The sofa.

Bedroom with the bathroom in plain sight!

The bathroom as seen from the bedroom through the glass window!

Toilet.

Bathtub with rain shower.


I really liked that the bathtub came with a glass door instead of a shower curtain. I hate shower curtains maximum. I think they're dirty and disgusting. Yuck. It would have been better if the glass door had another side to it though. Water still splashed out onto the floor a little whenever The Husband bathed. Tsk.


Freebies!!

Note the elephant-shaped towel. Haha.

I love it when hotels give guests free sewing kits. =)


Now, let me show you the view from our room.





Haha. One side of the road is super clear, the other is super jammed. That's Bangkok for you! Oh, and as you can see, the skies were gloomy. (I checked on the weather before we left and we were supposed to get rain 3 our of the 4 days we were there. Boo hoo!) Thankfully, it didn't rain.


 The pool downstairs as seen from our room.


All in all, I think the hotel is pretty nice. Not at all dodgy but... I wouldn't consider it exceptionally fancy either. Probably a high 4-star or a low 5. Still, it's pretty well taken care of although it's definitely seen better days. Oh well, at least the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. That's most important to me. I wouldn't mind staying here again.


Anyway, after settling in and exploring the room,
The Husband and I took a bath... and slept. HAHA.


--------------------------------------------------
PATHUMWAN PRINCESS HOTEL, BANGKOK
--------------------------------------------------

444 MBK Center, Phayathai Road
Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok
10330 Thailand

T. +66 (0) 2216-3700
F. +66 (0) 2216-3730

Official Website: http://pprincess.com/

Winner of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award from Tripadvisor.


-----------------
Related Posts
----------------- 

1 comments :

Cherokee Inn said...

Thanks for sharing such great tips!
And such great blogs, we will reading these all weekend and picking up some tips and sharing our experiences! non smoking motels in iowa
Cherokee Super 8 motel

Post a Comment

Talk to me!