Thursday, September 13, 2012

Perth, August '12: Happy Meals Restaurant, Victoria Park

I was looking forward to our last dinner in Perth since our first night in Perth. Since the night we went to have Chinese choo-char at Happy Meals Restaurant, Victoria Park. *reminisces at the thought*


Wah, that first night, I remember pretty much licking my rice bowl dry before I even stopped to think, "This food is so good I should take pictures!" Hahaha. So, when it was decided that we would go back there again for the dishes we enjoyed before we head home to Malaysia, I was all for it. *crazy fan-girl scream*


The storefront.


Because we already knew what
we wanted, ordering was a no-brainer.


Chilli & Pepper Chicken – The Husband's choice.

Chilli & Pepper Chicken in the flesh.


This was super good. As good as it was the night we first came to Happy Meals. The chicken was lean, tender and tasty. A little like that chicken basket dish on top of a truck-load of dried chilli that you can find at Dragon-I. Only a million times better. Haha.


Beef Slices Stir-Fried In Onions... or something like that.


Unfortunately, we all concluded that the beef was much better the first time around. More tender, less stringy. This time... not great. But still ok lah. If you close one eye. +_=


And my personal favourite...


Sizzling Japanese Tofu with Minced Meat, Mushrooms
and Salted Fish on Egg. (Not sure what the official name is.)

The Sizzling Tofu after being stirred around so the egg doesn't overcook.


Ahh, I miss it already!


I have no idea what we ordered for vege that night. Probably Kai Lan. *shrugs* But it wasn't the reason we came back here, and neither was it a highlight for me, so I didn't bother with pictures. Haha.


Oh, every meal comes with a HUGE plate of yummy Prawn Crackers, too. Think it's on the house. I snacked on lots of it after I finished my rice, while waiting for the kids to finish their dinner. Good stuff. It's also free if you order over AUD $15 for take-away. =)


Take-away menu.


Malaysian or not, you guys should definitely visit Happy Meals if you're ever in Perth. It's good food that's reasonably priced. Well, as reasonable as it will ever be to pay Aussie when you're earning in Ringgit, that is. =p Think we paid just a little over AUD $100 for 7 adults and 2 kids, and we had enough food to stuff ourselves silly. =)


 Happy Meals Restaurant.


BEST LAST MEAL EVER! =D
(Won't be the last time I'll visit though. =p)


----------------------------------
HAPPY MEALS RESTAURANT
----------------------------------

2/786 Albany Highway
East Victoria Park, WA 6101
Australia

Tel: 9470 6828

Lunch: 11.30am - 2.30pm
Dinner: 5.00pm till late

Open 7 days a week.


-----------------
Related Posts
----------------- 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!