Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Neighbour's Hydrangeas

Been eyeing my neighbour's flowers ever since The Husband and I moved in. The Malay aunty who lives there with her family changes them every month! During our first month here, we saw that she had leafy plants in Chinese pots. Last month, there were beautiful orchids at her doorstep. This month? Pretty, poofy hydrangeas!! (The orchids ended up in the trash. @_@) So nice!!!









The bigger the bloom, the darker the shade. =)




Gah! I want fresh flowers at my doorstep, too!! T_T I don't care liao la. Been tahan-ing too long already. The next time I walk past a florist, I'm going to get me some flowers. Put on my dining table in a vase also syok wat. Hmmph!


UPDATE AT 10:54PM ON WEDNESDAY, 12 SEPTEMBER 2012: OMG OMG, The Husband agrees that flowers are necessary in the home! Woo hoo!! And so... IT SHALL BE DONE! Imma have flowers at home soon! =D =D =D

6 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

Fun fact: Hydrangeas are good pH indicators. They bloom pink in acidic soil and blue/purple in alkaline soil.

I like this flower a lot. Very pretty. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– REALLY??? I never knew that! So there's just ONE breed? Not many different types? Just many different soil pH?

Zhen Ying said...

Just ONE type of hydrangea. If you want to have different colours, then change the pH of the soil. They can live in both pH. I don't know what colour they will be if the pH is neutral. Maybe purple.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Wah, quite cool hor? What about the green ones? My florist for my wedding was going to use green for us. That wan is what pH? Haha.

Zhen Ying said...

Green? Hmmmm, that I don't know.

I checked out this website (http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/green.html). Apparently, its due to heat and humidity.

Also, I am wrong about the species. They are lots of species that come in different blooming patterns. Some bloom like a bouquet, some bloom like a stalk.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Hydrangeas are confusing. @_@

But oh so pretty. <3

Post a Comment

Talk to me!