Thursday, September 13, 2012

Perth, August '12: Time To Say Goodbye

Our flight out from Perth the next morning was at 7.40AM. We couldn't check-in online due to a system error so that meant reaching the airport by 5.40AM. You know what a 5.40AM arrival means?? Waking up at 4.00AM to get ready, pack up, and leave East Perth by 5.00AM. *dies*


But of course, by the time we dilly-dallied, loaded the cars and got our act together, it was late and effectively TTP (Time To Panic). Haha. Made it to the airport at 6.15AM. A little – ok, a lot – past our planned arrival time but still... on time enough to check-in and make it on board with some time to heave a sigh of relief.


 Perth International Airport at 6.15AM.


Said our goodbyes to KJ at the departure lounge,
went through immigration, and we were off!


 Our tickets.


I couldn't sleep the night before and was
the one who woke up earlier to pack for two but...
look who had his grouchy face on instead:




Haha.

So we tried that again.


Super layan, sleepy face.


After that, The Husband went to sleep and I busied myself with the blankets and pillows in an effort to get comfortable. And then I got hungry. Like r-e-a-l-l-y hungry. Like the I-must-eat-now-or-I'll-die kind of hungry. @_@ Weird.


So, immediately after take-off, I asked the stewardess for some snacks. I remember enjoying fresh fruit and even branded chips on one of my flights to Perth before but... maybe that was MAS. Cos SIA only had wafers or peanuts to offer me. I opted for the wafers cos I figured they'd be more filling.




Cheh. Not even Loackers. So slack.
Confirm MAS serves better in-flight food.




But beggars can't be choosers lah. I was hungry and that was what they had, so I ate it. In their credit, at least they gave me a whole pack. I couldn't finish that much at one go so I ended up bringing it back to Malaysia in my handbag and having it for supper later that night. HAHA.


Thankfully, breakfast was served soon after.



Nasi Lemak, Bread & Butter, Honey Yoghurt, Fruits and a Muffin.


Again, the food wasn't great. I didn't mind the prawn sambal with nasi lemak lah (maybe I was too hungry to care) but The Husband thought it was crap. Haha. I agree with him when it comes to the fried egg in the nasi lemak though. The fruits tasted funny and the muffin was dry, too. Best part of the meal was the bun and butter. Again. Ooo, but the butter this time around was different! Look!




See how fluffy it is???


Whipped Dairy Blend by Ballantyne.


It's whipped! And I loved it!
And that's rare cos I generally
don't like unsalted butter. Haha.


After the food hype, The Husband went back to sleep while I stayed up to watch The Five-Year Engagement – a good ol' fashioned, girly rom-com with a twist. =) Then I watched a Japanese food documentary (recommended by The Husband who had woken up later in the flight) called Jiro Dreams Of Sushi. Such a good watch. Here's the trailer:



"An appetizing documentary in every sense, Jiro Dreams of Sushi follows 85-year-old master sushi chef Jiro Ono, owner of the esteemed 10-seat, $300-a-plate Sukiyabashi Jiro restraurant in Tokyo. From the ins and outs of the tuna auction to the proper way to massage an octopus, director David Gelb dynamically profiles all aspects of the craft in mouthwatering style and detail, paying lushly photographed homage to the process of preparing the artisan sushi that earned Jiro an elite three Michelin stars."TribecaFilm

If you're the kind of person who's into documentaries,
this is a definite must-watch. I was wow-ed by what I saw.


The flight from Perth to Singapore arrived soon after and I can barely remember the flight from Singapore to Penang cos by then, I was just too worn out from traveling (and the lack of sleep the night before) to bother. Didn't even take a single picture. Haha. Anyway, goodbye, Perth! Till we meet again next time. You'll always hold a special place in my heart. =)


And with this post,
ends the Perth, August '12 series. =)



-----------------
Related Posts
----------------- 

4 comments :

Lissa said...

Aiyoh... You and your pre-flight dramas! :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Eh, now a lot less drama already. HAHA.

Lissa said...

HAHA!!! Still ada drama! At least you dun forget your passport now. :P XD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– OMGGGG... if I forgot my passport with this crew, I'd never hear the end of it. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!