Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The End Of Us

Funny how things change in the blink of an eye.


At the start of it all, I remember how weird it was to know that I had you. Because... well, I'd grown quite used to my life without you. To be honest, I think I actually liked my life before you. A life that gave me the freedom I enjoyed. A life that opened multiple doors to getting to know a great many others on a deeper, better and more intimate level.


But that was back before I knew what life would and could be like with you in it. Because over time, I learned to appreciate life with you, too. It took a little bit of adjusting to things but soon enough, I fell right into step, enjoying life together with you. But then again, you didn't make falling in love with you hard for me either. You made it easy. Very easy. Almost natural, in fact.


I remember our days together. In the night, you protected me. When I played my tunes, you listened to them with me. You brought me closer to some people who've become pretty instrumental in my life, and introduced me to a sheltered life I'd eventually grown to love.


But those days are gone now. Somebody's taken you away from me. Or rather, taken me away from you. And there's nothing I can do about it. Nothing but watch you slip further and further away from me. Today becomes the end of you and me. The end of us.


Life's going to be pretty different
for me from here on out, I'm sure.

10 months together, 10 minutes apart
...and I miss you already.

Sigh.

12 comments :

CincauHangus.com said...

=( *pouts and offers a cookie* Cookie?

keep your chin up.. else you'll walk into a wall and bump your head and make things worst.

Simon Seow said...

hugz

Observer said...

Hope you didn't hear some half truth from ex-colleague... ahem ahem...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: CincauHangus.com
– Awww, thanks, Aaron. Cookies help heaps.


ATTN: Simon Seow
– =)


ATTN: Freethinker
– Hahaha. Small world lah. Half truths? Like what? Care to share? I'm all ears. =p

Observer said...

Hmmm... I wonder what they leaked out... nah, my stories arent that interesting anyway

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Freethinker
– Haha. That's what you hope was the case with your storiessss. =p

ting.yeo said...

i suppose i know how you felt, as i been through the same cycle too... *hugs*

Jeffro said...

=( *pouts and offers a cup of warm milk* Milk?

Goes well with the cookie.. at least it'll help ya bring back some warmth..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: tINg`
– You have? Hmmm. I guess we all interpret things in our own ways. Oh well. Thanks for understanding. =) Hope you're feeling tip top, too.


ATTN: Jeffro
– Non-virtual boleh?

Jeffro said...

ermm.. can.. next time, next time.. =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. I'm going to hold you to your word! Don't forget that we've got mutual friends. Haha.

Jeffro said...

*gulps* You got me there..
I better get ready the milk now first.. then will give ya, when I see ya.. MUST REMIND YA..

Post a Comment

Talk to me!