Friday, October 03, 2008

Eagle Eye

NOTE: Highlight text to read EVERYTHING. And FYI, 'everything' includes minor spoilers. (Don't worry. I didn't let any cats out of the bag. You'll only hear them meow at 2dB. I promise.) Just know that the spoilers contained in this post are really minor. Like, really, really, really minor. They're so minor they negligable, really.


Eagle Eye is sitting comfortably at the very top of my
list of Favourite Movies Watched In September.


I'm not disoriented. I know it says that it'll be in cinemas
in October, but I watched it at the end September. Serious!


It's so fly, I tell you!
And not cos of the Transformers boy
(if you were wondering).


Was offered tickets to the premiere screening
last Thursday, 25 September 2008.
(See? I told you it was September.)


Many thanks to Thomas for getting this ticket for me from Gabriel and Eddie of Absolut Pitch. Me hearts you guys many many!


And thanks to MY *ahem ahem* intensive promotional efforts and superb PR initiatives conducted here on Tinki Talks on behalf of Ah Beng, he got himself a ticket, too!


Too bad he couldn't get his own jacket, too. -_-
(My writer side is stabbing me in the sides for having two 'too's in this sentence.)


The dude ended up wearing mine for the night. Looked totally gay in it. (Eee.) The model strut and butt waggle he tried pulling off while walking to the car didn't help improve matters, of course. Sigh. That's Ah Beng for you. Welcome to my life. It ain't cool walking down the street with a GUY who waggles his butt better than you do, yo. Not cool at all. -_-


PICHA TIME!


Ah Beng got cut out of frame. The poor dear.


If it doesn't come out right, try again!


I actually like this picture best. Too bad Thomas had shakey hands.


...and again!

Who says boys don't do the old
hold-and-snap camwhore routine, eh?

*grin*


Finally. A clear shot. Too bad it took flash.
AND WHY THE HECK IS AH BENG SESAT-ING!?
(That's my jacket Ah Beng's wearing, btw.)



I'm guessing Thomas stopped snapping after this last one (although Ah Beng looks totally unprepared) cos all that matters to him is that HE looks good. Sigh. Thomas sell fish.


*grin*

I have digressed. Whoopsie.


Eagle Eye is currently the #1 movie in America and I can so see why. It's non-stop excitement throughout, I tell you! (Except for that final love scene, which, by the way, killed it for me.) Believe you me, this is one movie you've got to watch.


I'm not a big fan of the dude but LeBeouf was actually pretty good. He pulled off the role very well, if you ask me. He even cried more than a couple of times. Hah! Not bad, huh? Who says it's only them Korean actors who have the ability to squeeze their tear ducts dry? Haha. Hollywood is learning fast. Go watch! Go watch! I didn't have to pay to watch. You do. Tee hee hee. Eat yer heart out. It's now screening in Cinema 2 at GSC One Utama, New Wing. That's a good cinema to be in. Take my word for it. Loved the super-reclined seats and ample leg room.


Oh, and if you were wondering Michelle Monaghan
– the female lead – was good, too, btw.

*snore*


Haha. So typical of a female blogger to focus her review on, urm, male performance and not bother to elaborate further on the female lead, huh? Haha. HELLO, who wants to talk about other pretty and talented girls lah??? Haiyo!


*grin*

I'M. KIDDING.
not.

She WAS good. And she's got very nice hair colour.
(You see! You see! I complimented another woman.
There you have it. Proof that I'm a secure female. Hah!)


No, wait. This movie isn't all that. I just remembered that I have a HUGE bone to pick with the director/scriptwriter. The buggers – whoever they are – actually played on the assumption that women are lousy manual car drivers. Such a prejudiced worldview!!! What the heck was with that about??? It was totally unnecessary lah. Like, T-O-T-A-L-L-Y "Press the clutch! Press the clutch!" Pfft. What utter rubbish. Pam Song. Is. Not. Pleased. Roar. Though she's so going to watch this movie a second time. (Sigh. I'm such a sellout. -_-)


On a whole other note, didja know that Shia LaBeouf (read: ˈʃaɪə ləˈbʌf; SHY-uh luh-BUFF) is actually YOUNGER THAN I AM??? The CHILD was born on June 11, 1986. @_@ WTH. I feel like I'm about a million years old, wei. Sigh.


Out with the boy toys and
in with the real men, can or not???

*grunt*

2 comments :

yapthomas said...

WHAT this "...all that matters to him is that HE looks good." is all blasphemy!!

ish.. another buta buta kena...

Eagle Eye is GOOD!!!

Jeffro said...

O_O ah beng and u same size?? Ooo..
wait.. does that mean Big, Medium, or Small?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!