Monday, January 28, 2008

Going Zen

Been pretty stressed out of late. Lots of work, lots of thinking to do, lots of standards to meet. STRESSSSS. =( Sigh. It's been crazy lah. Let's just put it that way – crazy. So, in an attempt to clear my already-empty head and renew my fully-drained mind, I made a mad-dash to IKEA one night after work to do some aimless walking around. (I find relaxation in looking at furniture and house-fittings I won't buy. Don't bother asking why. I don't know.)


But mana tau, the power of Zen took over!!! I totally lost control of myself, and ended up going home with these.


ROTERA Tealight Lantern (Black) – RM19.90.


TINDRA Purple/Lavender Tealights – RM11.90.


As you can see, I grabbed me a very-affordable black tealight lantern and a bunch of lavender-scented aromatherapy tealights. There were other colours there in terms of the tealight lanterns actually.




But I only found myself torn between white and black. (I'm very fond of neutral colours. They match any thing, in any room, with any decor.) In the end, I settled on the black. No regrets. Black is the way to go. But, uh... you already know that. Moving on.


There were other tealight scents on the shelves in the TINDRA range, too. Settled on Purple/Lavender after sniffing through the lot – namely Assorted/Cinnamon/Orangey, Green/Pear, Red/Strawberry, Natural/Vanilla and of course, Purple/Lavender. I had a ball of a time deciding on my scent... and then left the tealight aisle feeling slightly nauseous. Phew!


No harm in that, though. Cos my night in with Dr Grey – in my lavender-scented, yellow-glow room – was just lovely after the rough day I had.




Nice, right? So so nice, right?
So very Zen, right? Right! I like!!!

Glowing glowing summore. Tee hee hee.


Been lighting a tealight a day for almost a week now. Every morning when I wake up till when I leave the house,... and every night right after I enter my room right after I get home from work. Surprisingly, it lasts long enough for me to even have time to catch up on Grey's and then fall asleep with a calming glow in my room.


I've found that, effectively, one tealight lasts me one day of use. Not too bad considering it's RM11.90 for a pack of 42 tealights. Only RM0.28 a day!!! How ridiculous is that? RM0.28 to Zen myself and Chi up my room with a light scent and that ever-calming yellow-glow. Not bad, right? Very cost effective. It was a good buy. Again I say, no regrets.


Think I'll make it my 'thing'. You know?
Everybody's got a 'thing'. This shall be my 'thing'


5 comments :

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Ooooh me likey the lanterns

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– Haha. Me likey them, too! You should get em. =p

Anonymous said...

good buy....Tinki knows how to enjoy life huh!

eh eh.....add up with soft instrumental music, ice lemon tea and a good book to read on the bed at nite...wah syok nia....Heaven! =)

Kirsten said...

memang pun not bad.. in fact... its even cheaper than a stick of ciggy..
ya got yaself a good deal, girl

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Haha. Of COURSE I know how to enjoy life. I just don't have enough TIME to enjoy life as much as I want to. =p

And of course got music lah. Music's my life. (Blogging aside. *grin*) And I drink jasmine green tea. Don't really fancy iced lemon tea. Bad for the teeth just before bedtime, too.


ATTN: Kirsten
– Of course lah! Time for you to quit and move on to lavender, woman. It beats nicotine any day. =p

Summore no need to roll roll roll. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!