Thursday, January 10, 2008

You Want Oligali?

Was having dinner at William's,
Taman Mayang just the other night.


It had been awhile since my last visit (so far for me laaa) so I kinda ended up getting myself revirginized to the place and its funky menu already. So lost and just didn't know what to order. Worse, I went with (1) a sesat colleague who had never ever heard of the place, nor eaten there before, and (2) a colleague who he didn't even know the name of the place although he proposed going there! -_-


We made the guy run through the menu for us
and all was pretty much fine... till we reached
this point in the conversation: -


Malay Waiter: Kami ade cheeken chop, karbonara, seafood pasta,...

Colleague 1: Ah! Ah! Itu seafood pasta satu.

Malay Waiter: Nak whait, tomato atau oligali?

Pam Song, Colleague 1 & Colleague 2: *frowns then turns to look at one another* HUH?!

Colleague 1: Apa you cakap? White, tomato dan...?

Malay Waiter: Whait, tomato atau oligali.

Colleague 2: *turns to Colleague 1* What's that lah!?

Colleague 1: *turns to Pam Song* Eh, he say what!?

Pam Song: Sorry ah, apa sos tu lagi?

Malay Waiter: *getting irritated* Whait. Tomato. Atau. Oli. Gali.

Pam Song: -_-

Colleague 1: *turns to Pam Song, totally confused* What he say oh?

Pam Song: *turns to Colleague 1* He ask you if you want white sauce, tomato puree, or OLIVE AND GARLIC sauce lah. -_-

6 comments :

xniquet said...

see i am back again...:p

oli? gali? bengong ady @_@

Anyway, in kuantan, we call our curry > GALI :P

Pam Song said...

Oh look at that! Haha. Welcome back. =p

You make me feel like I have fans. =p

I also bengong when I heard man. Haha. So terrible. He talk without opening his mouth wan.

And yuck. It sounds real gross as Gali. HAHA.

xniquet said...

wukakakaka...thanks for killing the boredom, no one is updating their blog, so i think i will just hang out here and be your fan :P

Beats hanging out at Stevenlim.net's chatbox anytime.

PS: Pamsong memang efficient reply comment. Thumbs up.

luxen said...

pelat betul lidah budak ni, mungkin dah kena bius. tak boleh bergerak.

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

I want OliGali hahaha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: x
– Haha. Killing boredom? Wow. I'm Pam Song a.k.a Tinki... and you can call me... THE BOREDOM-KILLER!

Tene tene. Tene tene.

*blink blink*

Sorry. It's been a really long day. Haha.

And I guess after your praise of my efficient comment response, the response kinda died there for a bit. Haha. Had to pretend to do some work mah. You think everyday sit and blog only ah? HAHA.


ATTN: luxen
– Tak paham maksud you lah.


ATTN: Aronil
– You HAD oligali. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!