Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting Into The Chinese New Year Mood

The lot of us who were stuck with an overload of Chinese New Year work to finish enjoyed communal lunch at the pantry with McDonald's delivery today. Fun. Lotsa fun. 11 sad-cases in total. And aside from having to wait a whole 2 hours and a half for our meal... yeah, it was fun. Looked like a mini McDonald's right there (even Big Man Boss said so!), minus the killer chili and ketchup dispenser. Haha.


*frowns*

I've digressed. Where was I?
Oh, yes. Getting that Chinese New Year mood.


So McDonald's gave us expensive-looking, sparkly-papered ang pow packets that were just totally un-ang (though very pretty, I must say) for our buys.




Proof that it's from McDonald's.
Branding is everything these days.


So just cos it's been awhile since I've put myself to work on any hands-on arts and craft (meaning art without the use of Photoshop), I went to work. Thus began my very own Chinese New Year project.


BEFORE.



AFTER.



Nice, no?

There's Chinese New Year deco
in The Cu•bi•cle already! Wheee!


Now I penuh feeeeel untuk bekerja berkerja bekerja on my Chinese New Year assignments already. (Darn it, does that word come with an 'r' in ber or without an 'r', resulting in a be?! I can't remember my BM no more! Shit. Now I feel stupid. -_- Aargh, whatever lah.)


McDonald's, I owe you one.


8 comments :

Matt. K. said...

Oh my, that is creative and lovely! You've got some artsy hands going on there!

Beans said...

<3 so sweet =D

Anonymous said...

haha...Smart Tinki! Cheap and nice deco for CNY...My mum also gave me 18 of those angpow fishes to hang on the plant.....=)CNY mood di..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: matrianklw
– Aww, thanks, man! Haha. And I like your pics. Very nice!


ATTN: ~Bee Nee~
– I think it's the colour scheme. Haha. Not my skills. =p


ATTN: adrian
– Haha. Thanks. And yes. It's a cheap way to spruce up the place without spending too much time on it. =)

Charlie said...

I just got those ang pau, The design is really classy. Can you make me one of those fish ??? pretty please...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Charlie
– Haha. Nice, right? I like em, too. Very... un-Chinese but still has the Chinese flavour. NICE!

I could make the fish for you but... you'd never be able to get it from me. Haha.

Kirsten said...

oy~~ gong xi FATT cai

it CNY, gata be fatt fatt FATT (prosperity)

fa(flower) wun do la

regards,

choy san yeh

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kirsten
– Haha. Where got so easy? Say means get? Haha. Some choy san dude came to my office just now. Funny. Will blog about it when I have the time. Now stresssssss.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!