Saturday, January 19, 2008

Feedburner Bubble Wrap

Hi, guys. I just started a Feedburner account.


I don't know what it does, and I don't know what it's for. (Serious. If you know, can tell me ah?) All I know is that everybody in the blogosphere who's serious enough about blogging has an account with them, and they've got these cute, candy-coloured, numbered chicklets on their sites! My kiasu spirit kicked in and decided that I should have one of them chicklets, too.


So there I was, all signed up and ready to burn.
And then I didn't know what to do after that.


Haha. No kiddin'. Was pretty lost. Tried finding my way around the site but kept walking into brick walls. Wanted to know how it worked but Feedburner was too busy playing with bubble wrap to tell me.




Hmmph.


But but but... look at that! We like the same cheap-o, kampung-boy toys! I'm beginning to feel a deep connection already. It's a good sign. Ahhh, I believe that this is the starting point of a beautiful relationship between the two of us.


Anyway, if this screws up any of your previous RSS feeds or anything, let me know. I'll tinkle around Feedburner and try to figure it out, okay? I heard that their troubleshooting page is pretty good so I'm sure I'll be able to find my way around your problem. =)


I like big numbers. I like them a lot a lot. So go clickety-click on that small, sweet, baby pink Feedburner chicklet on the right and make my day, alright?


*pause*


Uh, actually... is that what you click on to subscribe to RSS feeds??? Or are you supposed to click on that small, orange RSS button? I tried 'em all and they all sorta led me to the same page. Is that supposed to happen?


Argh! I'm so useless with this lah. I'm a writer, not a geek, okayyy!!! Figure it out on your own, alright? And if you can, leave me a comment to let me know where to click so that I can tell the other noobs out there where to click. (I'll bet my favourite pajama pants that I'm not the only one.) Thanks!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yes, Feedburner is a tracker on how many people subscribe to your RSS Feed. A lot of times, people use some kind of RSS Reader to download your post and read it.. So it tracks that using their URLs and tracker :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian
– Yeah but where do you click!?

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

They will click on the rss button which is usually located at the address bar on your far right if not on your site itself. What happens is they calculate the number of readers that subscribe to your blog in a DAY. This can affect readers or not. But tip i got from a friend is that not unless you ahve lots of readers subscribing in day. don't show your stats.. which is that cute little bubbly thing you have... or if you don't give a heack.. put la :P.Thing about rss is that it is still hard to track.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– Hmmm. I know that button's always been there but... then what? So means don't put up the number cos if ppl see little then they won't click or something? Haha. Sneaky. Wise... but sneaky. I'll do all that tmr lah. Gotta get back to work. Bleh.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!