Monday, June 21, 2010

Sex And The City 2



Yes, I watched it. But it wasn't great. In fact, I think I was more excited about the fact that the ticket only cost $5 AUD. Haha. I mean, can you believe that??? $5 FREAKING AUD for a movie ticket! In Australia! Miracle, man... The last movie I watched (Prince of Persia) cost $16+ AUD per ticket!


*faints*

Anyways, let's talk about Sex And The City 2
just for the sake of talking about it, ok?

(NOTE: Spoilers ahead.)

First things first...


1. Walk-in wardrobes are not a luxury, they're a necessity. Oh, and they should come with full-length mirrors and floor-to-ceiling shoe racks, too. *cough cough* So if there's one thing you keep after moving out of your penthouse in NYC, it's your walk-in wardrobe.


2. Eye-popping colours are just oh-so-pretty. Purple, green, aquamarine, fuchsia, vermilion – all the pretty colours I can and can't spell! I likey! Wasn't big on the wardrobe fashion-wise and design-wise though. A little too OTT for my liking. Cannot wear in real life wan.


3. Weddings (be they gay or straight) are wunnerful things to witness. Especially when the crowd's a walking runway of designer dresses and Christian Louboutin heels. *heart melts* The difference? Well, at a gay wedding, you get swans, a live all-boy choir and Liza Minnelli. Heh heh.


4. Menopause is funny as hell. When it happens to anyone on TV and you're a screen and a gazillion miles away from the said menopausal woman, of course. =p A hormone imbalance that triggers anger management issues, hot flushes, I-need-to-strip-in-the-middle-of-the-street spells and a foul mouth on a woman in the middle of the Middle East? Haha. What's there not to laugh about?


5. Your girls are your soul mates. Boys or babies – they'll never take the place of the babes in a girl's life. Because come hell or high water, your girls will be the ones who'll jump on a plane and fly first-class all the way to Abu Dhabi with you (yeah, like what's so tough about that?? *rolls eyes*); and they'll still be there when you're made to move out of your $22,000-per-night hotel room in an hour. (Haha. Okay, I'll give them that packing-under-an-hour bit.)


6. "If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it." Or else, she'll end up becoming the one who got away. Then you'll end up meeting her in a far-off land after you're both married to other people and you'll end up asking her out for dinner at your hotel and you'll tell her about your three sons over your meal then you'll decide to walk her out and you'll tell her about pillars in a hallway on the way there then you'll end up kissing her and your marriage goodbye and whoa what the hell am I going on about??? (Heh heh. Go watch the movie. =p)


Having said that...


7. A diamond rights all wrongs. Even if it comes in black and isn't all sparkly and white. I think this bit will turn out to be the mother of all shockers for SATC2's male audiences. Hahaha.


You know, I think I'd have kicked myself for watching this in Australia if the ticket price wasn't so affordable. Over all, I'd say SATC2 was a disappointment. I didn't particularly enjoy SATC1 but I still thought that turned out better than this one. Plot-wise and wardrobe-wise.

10 comments :

Lissa said...

Black diamonds are cool. So are blue ones. :) And a definite YES on the walk-in closet!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Blue diamonds??? Never heard of them. I know of Pink diamonds though. =)

And walk-in wardrobes are heaven on earth.

Lissa said...

Google em. :) Though I'm sure you would have by now. :P And I totally plan on having a walk-in closet. It's a must have! Just like an antique personal library.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I did! Cos I always thought that they were just blue gemstones. Like Sapphire!

Hahaha. Sounds like you need a lot of space. Does Reuby know yet? =p

Lissa said...

Blue diamonds are beautiful. :) And yes, he knows. I think I'm rubbing off on him, because he's somewhat starting to learn to dream big, too. Last time he was all, "Why bother dreaming about it if you can't have it?" Now he's more like, "It'd be nice if..." But big dreams make us strive to achieve better things, no? :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– And that, my friend, is the power of a woman. =p

Lissa said...

Indeed. ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– We should get awards for this kinda stuff, man. Like... some nobel prize of womanhood or something.

Lissa said...

Not likely to happen, but it would be nice. :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Not for me I suppose. But I'm sure Reuby would humour you. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!