Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Life Revolves Around You

Some days, my skin feels your touch even before I awaken. Your warm breath dances upon my skin as we play hide-and-seek – you seeking as I continue to shy away from your glare and bury myself deeper under the covers. It may seem to you like I don't quite enjoy your company. But I do. I love it! Because you open up the skies and chase away the rain clouds no matter how dark the night before. Just like you did yesterday.


But on other days, you're brutal. Cold and unforgiving. Unkind and loveless. Those mornings are the worse for me. Mornings like the one I woke up to today. The bed was cold. And no matter how many layers I had on me or how many times, try as I may, to wrap myself over and over again with the covers, your cold, cold fingers they continue to prod and push at me. Harsh reminders of how uncaring you can be toward me and my plans.


I wish you could be less fickle about the way you are. I wish you could be bright, happy and sunshiny always. Warm and loving. Kind and temperate. In fact, I wish you could be the you you were before today. Cos you were wonderful then. Funny but I've even begun to wish that today, you are the you you were yesterday. Because although you weren't at your best behaviour then, you were still nicer to me than you are today.


My life revolves around you,
dear fickle-minded weather.

And when you're dark and cold,
drizzly and mean, life's no fun.




Guess I'll just sit around now and wait
for Thursday's you to come around.

8 comments :

choco said...

My suburb is colder than that.

Think 2 degree mornings/nights (can't tell the difference anymore since I study morning/nights T_T)

and 9 or 10 degrees, if lucky afternoons.

Lissa said...

It's not too bad. <.<

JK said...

Gosh, i was really getting into it reading the first couple of paras...alas, it's just the weather...hmmm

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– Eee... Melbourne is just too cold for comfort if you ask me.

Which suburb are you in exactly?


ATTN: Lissa
– Oh but it is! It is! I'm so used to warmer climates that anything below 22ºC (aircon temp) makes me not want to get out of bed in the morning.


ATTN: san ling
– Hahahaha. Surprise!!! =D

choco said...

But the cold is nice. :D

I'm in Clayton, :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– The cold is terrible! Especially when it comes to tiled flooring and toilet bowls. Can die weh. T_T

choco said...

hahaha, yes I do agree with the tiles and toilet bowl one. But luckily for me, the floors here are carpeted!

But then again, cold toilet bowls are a good way to make sure you wake up :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– Wait. Carpeted even in the toilet!? Yuck. Hahaha. Imagine the germs breeding in there!

And cold toilet bowls just wake my bum. Not my brain. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!