Saturday, June 26, 2010

Road Trip To Sorrento

Last Saturday, I was taken on a drive to a not-so-nearby suburb. All I knew before departing was that it was called Sorrento but I had no idea what would be waiting for me at the end of the journey. Well, 40 minutes and 1 wrong turn later, the mystery ended.


It was the seaside!




Crazy people canoeing in the cold.


It started out real sunny. But the sun here plays hide-and-seek a lot. So, when I turned the camera on myself to take a picture, all I got was gloom-doom skies and dark waters. -_-'''




Bah.

Anyway, it's not just the seaside that's nice here.
There's a Sorrento Quay at Hillarys Boat Harbour, too!




It's a beautiful marina equipped with restaurants, shopping and even a leisure park. Much like Fremantle except without the excitement of the yuppie lifestyle. Very chilled-out in comparison. Oh, you'll also find plenty of ridiculously priced boats and lots of gulls here. -_-''' (A fully dedicated bird post later. I've got pictures.)


I took some pictures but they came out looking weird
cos the sun and the clouds were fooling around.

Look!








Weird huh?

But in an oddly pretty way.
I think I kinda like it. =)

Anyhoo, back to the harbour...


Breakwater.


Elevated walkway onto Breakwater
that's next to a safe swimming beach.



Random shot just because.


There was a famous steak place there called Hippo Creek African Grill (one of the top 5 steakhouses in Western Australia or something) so we said we'd go back there again one day when we're really hungry or else bo tat. =p Haha.


Hippo Creek African Grill.


Anyway, we did go back there and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I'll blog about that meal with pictures another day when I've the time to spare. Right now, I've gotta go wrap a present for a birthday party I'm attending tonight. Yep, it'll be my first party in Australia! Wheee! Am excited but am also ridiculously nervous cos I know I won't know anybody there. -_- And I'm hoping they won't make me drink. -_-'''


The view of Sorrento Quay from the outside.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!