Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Melbourne, 9-12 June '10: Airport Hold-Up!

Looks like I wasn't kidding (even though I thought I was at the time) when I said that things just happen when I travel by air. And this time – let me tell you first – it wasn't even my fault.


I got up on time. Got my bags packed. Checked-out of the hotel. Was in the cab when I should be. Wasn't late to the airport. Didn't forget my passport. Didn't miss my flight. Got myself properly checked-in via the booth. Even had time to line up and check-in my baggage. Got into another line to enter the gate.


And then suddenly... shit happened.


The authorities stopped all incoming and outgoing flights going to and from Melbourne Airport's Qantas domestic terminal and evacuated all gates and floors (except the Ground Floor where we were all sent to wait out the evacuation with a free bottle of water) due to a breach of security by airport staff.


-________-'


That's me and my free bottle of water. =p


Looks like I was having fun, right?
Wrong. It was havoc at the time!


Everybody at the airport was restricted to the Ground Floor but only 2 airport staff were present to manage the hundreds or thousands of us. People started getting angry and pissy cos nobody knew was was really going on, or how long we were expected to wait.


The announcement said one thing while on-ground staff said another. Flight boards were still running as though nothing was happening so other people were starting to panic cos gates still appeared to be calling for final calls and flights still appeared to be boarded. Phew. H-A-V-O-C man, I tell you.


See what I mean by things just happen when I travel?
Not my fault also got human error to cause a delay.

Stress.


Anyways, I don't know if it appeared in Malaysian newspapers at all but if you don't believe me, check out the authenticity of my story for yourself on The Age, ABC News and 9 News. Real deal. Mai siao.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!