Friday, June 25, 2010

Top 5 Reasons It Sucks To Be In Australia

1. Cold floors. Although most of the house is carpeted (ahh, bless), the tiled areas – kitchen / bathroom / toilet / laundry – are always cold as ice. Beh tahan. Almost makes me want to invest in furry house slippers so I don't cringe and hop around like a mad woman when I'm walking over them.


2. Cold toilet bowl seats. Nuff said.


3. Limited hot water. There never is enough to go around cos it doesn't work the way it does in Malaysia. Back home, the shower installation heats up the water before it comes out of the shower head so, no matter how many people shower or how much water is used, there's always more hot water coming out. Well, what you have here, is a tank. It heats up the water and stores it till the water is needed for use. Problem is, when you're finished with tank but aren't done with your bath... well, you're screwed.


I think I should stop complaining
about the cold and move on to other
more important things. Like shopping.


4. Clothes and shoes don't come in petite sizes. Size 8 is a little big on me but if I close one eye, it's not too bad. But then again, if you spend so much takkan you expect to have to close one eye, right?? Sigh. I'm usually a Size 6 but that's like finding... urm, finding... uh, finding... an awesome room waiting for me when I get home? (Don't judge. Had to try my luck.) So, I've pathetically resorted to walking the children's section in search of clothes and shoes. -_-'''


5. Cost of Everything = Price Shown on Tag x 3. If king kong sizes are what makes shopping annoying in this foreign land, this is what makes shopping painful. I know I can't keep converting since I'm here for so many months but... I can't help it! It's like my brain is wired with an automatic Ringgit reminder that just ding!ding!ding!s (like a smoke alarm gone crazy) whenever I see anything I like, in a price that I don't! Sigh. How to shop in peace like that? Feddup.


NOTE: I shall be back to supplement this post with the Top 5 Reasons It Rocks To Be In Australia. Just to even out the scores and give Australia a pat on the back. Cos I'm fair and kind that way. (Sheon agrees!) Stay tuned for that. Coming up later!

10 comments :

Lissa said...

Some places have heated bathroom floors. <3 I want one of those. :D

And wow, I didn't know that about heaters. Will keep that in mind. *nods nods*

I'd prolly have a hard time shopping in Australia, too. T_T Going in August.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Wah, I'd like bathroom floor heaters, too! The last place I stayed at had a light that emitted heat. That was heavenly. You turn it on before your bath and dry yourself under it. Mmmm... Too bad this place doesn't have it.

You're coming in August?? When? Where?

test said...

It's DURIAN SESSION *again* goes buy a horde of durian for RM 10

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Spectre
– Hahaha. So random lah you.

Thristhan.com said...

Oh yeah, x3's the keyword. Everything's costly there if we compare by converting. I loved the summer in Aussie, especially at the Surfer's Paradise at Gold Coast.

Melsong said...

All the hints won't work.

Lissa said...

Melbourne. Will you still be in Aus then? I'm going on the 18th, staying till the 23rd.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Thristhan
– Summer here is HOT! I think I prefer Autumn and Spring. Winter (this year's especially) is just too cold for my liking. But it beats Malaysian heat and humidity any day. =p


ATTN: Melsong
– Bah.


ATTN: Lissa
– I'll be in Aus but I won't be in Melbourne. =( Kita ber-meeting kat Penang?

Lissa said...

Deal!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Day, Date, Time! NOW!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!