Thursday, June 17, 2010

Going Solo

So since I've been here, I've been spending most of my days indoors. Not cos I'm locked in like a bird in a cage but cos... it's so, so, SO much warmer indoors than it is outside! Winter chills make the bum a little heavier than usual somehow. Can't explain the phenomenon but it happens.


Well, my friends,
that's all going to change.


Cos today, I opened my eyes to the morning and decided: I will not rot a moment more! I took a peek at the sky (just to be sure) and the sun gave me a smile. So, I'm counting on it to work a little harder and stay up a little longer for my sake... if not for the sake of every other sun-loving creature living in this corner of the world, too. The Google weather report concurs.




It also tells me that it's downhill from here on out (weather-wise) so I'd better get my butt moving if I'm going to shop any at all before sundown. Sundown means a temperature drop! Bad, bad, bad. And that's set to happen by 4.30PM, remember? So, that means I've got...


*deep breath*


Less than 5.5 hours to get ready, get out, catch the right bus, get off on the right stop, get the right baby food at the right store (don't ask), find an accessory store to buy a hairband (I broke mine on Sunday *sob*), walk around aimlessly while checking out stores, get to the right bus stop, get on the right bus that gets me home safe via the same route I came from.


Phew.


I can do that. And to do it alone? Pfft. No sweat. Easy peasy lemon squeasy. I mean, come on. How hard can it be? Cos really, now. Who needs somebody when I'm everything everybody wishes they were? Ha. Ha. Ha. HA. Okay, enough nonsense. Time to hit the city. Deep breath. Wish me luck! AND PLEASE PRAY I CATCH THE RIGHT BUS! Thank you! XOXO. =D

21 comments :

陳一豪 said...

Gahh. Did you just use *sob*?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– What's wrong with sob?? It's the cry sob not the other sob okayyyy...

Unknown said...

go out. have some fun. getting lost and taking wrong buses is fun too.

ChickLit said...

Solo exploration can be one of the best ways to enjoy a holiday. Have fun! (But always keep a fully-charged cell)

陳一豪 said...

ahah hoi i'm not so vulgar to think of the rude sob.

choco said...

well, in Melbourne today where I am. There was a MAJOR storm, trees were blown down, power line blown off, blackout at the place I live in.

ho hum.

Lissa said...

13C is perfect weather!! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– I didn't make any wrong moves! Haha. But I did have fun. =)


ATTN: ChickLit
– Haha. True dat. And I have TWO! (Malaysian number and Aussie number. =p)


ATTN: 陳一豪
– Bluff lah. You think I dunno you and your dirty brain.


ATTN: choco
– Whoaaa... You ok? Your stuff fine?


ATTN: Lissa
– It was! I loved the weather! And apart from a short drizzle in the afternoon, I had sunshine! =D

choco said...

Yeah. Nothing got destroyed fortunately.

But I'm a little mad at myself for not waking up when I heard the storm coming. The wind speed was at 141 km/h! I wanted to go down and maybe be blown away. hehe. Floormates and friends were all rubbing it in. Hmph.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– Phew, that's good to know. So many freak storms these days. Remember how awhile back Western Australia got hit by the hailstorm? Then just recently Singapore got flooded badly? And now you guys in Melbourne??? Tsk tsk. Terrible how the weather's behaving these days.

choco said...

Yeah, the weather is behaving really badly nowadays.

hurm, certain parts of Melbourne got hit by hailstorms as well, actually. Those things hurt.

Melbourne is rather notorious for being PMS-sy. haha. Its bright and shiny one moment and then drizzles the next. It makes dressing appropriately for a cold day/warm(er) day very hard.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– You got caught in the hailstorm?! I thought it was only Western Aus! Tsk tsk. Baaaad weather.

Too bad I didn't have your contact or I'd have called for directions and recommendations when I hit Melbourne. Haha. It was probably during your finals though.

choco said...

Haha, well I would have emailed you if I knew you were in Melb but I didn't even realize until it was too late.

Yeah, I'm in the midst of my finals now. Finishes at the end of the month, haha.

Come down again! :D I'll be on sem break sooon! :D :D

email me if you are! ostangel[at]gmail[dot]com

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– Boo hoo. T_T

I doubt I'll be going that way any time soon. =( You're not headed back to Msia for the hols?

choco said...

Aww. How long more will you be here for? Indefinitely?

Nah, will only be back home for about 2 weeks, so I thought the amount I'd be paying wouldn't be worth the 2 weeks :( I want to go home though!

I miss..everything! :(

choco said...

Aww. How long more will you be here for? Indefinitely?

Nah, will only be back home for about 2 weeks, so I thought the amount I'd be paying wouldn't be worth the 2 weeks :( I want to go home though!

I miss..everything! :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– Ooo, I wish I could be here indefinitely but... I'm travelling on a tourist visa so that gives me 3 months max. I'm already done with Month 1. T_T

Time flies when you're having fun eh?

And Air Aisa was going for superbly cheap fares earlier. I'm wondering why you didn't stalk the website then! Haha. You could have probably gotten flights for like... RM499 all in.

choco said...

WHAT!! I did not see those fares! T_T All I got was something like AUD900+ return.

Ah, thats right! You're here on an ETA? But that also means your visa is valid for an entire year (even though the maximum duration of stay for one visit is 3 months)

And yesh, I cannot believe I am done with my first semester abroad.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– Yeah! Flights to and from LCCT to Melbourne were really cheap just before I flew. That was about... a month plus back. That's why...

STALK! STALK! STALK!

If you did, you'd have been able to have amazing hokkien mee and awesome curry laksa (pls do not eat the one at Vic St Market – yuck) for 2 wunnerful weeks. =p

Yeah, that's the visa I'm on. Valid for a year but max 3 months per visit. That's what I usually get. Every year, it's the same story. =(

So... I gotta leave before they I kena buang negara. T_T

Time flies the older you get, babe. Get used to it. Haha.

choco said...

Damn. I really need to get into the habit of stalking the AA website more often.

Time sucks.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– I don't stalk it either. You don't have to. Once you've purchased a ticket from them, make sure you click to get updates from the site. (It's spam but it's money-saving spam so just close one eye. =p) That's how I know about the promotions!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!