Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Imma Start Bakin', Bay-Beh!

OMG, ovens here are sooo easy to use! No fiddly buttons to tinker with, no weird settings with incomprehensible instructions, no obscure knobs with no labels, they're just... simple! I like! And I just found out about them today cos I suddenly decided to bake. HAHA.


Picked up a quick-bake mix on my first trip into the city but never got around to trying it out cos of no logical reason I can think of, till today came around. Cos, well, today's lunch was a choice between rice and luncheon meat with eggs – easy to cook for one but such a snore to have – or something new I hadn't tried making before that came with a fancy name like Three Cheeses Potato Bake.


So... TADA!!!




I did it! I baked real food! For the very first time!

(Butter cookies over Chinese New Year
a whole decade ago don't count.)

OMG, I'm so proud of myself! Hahaha.




Pretty hor?


Dug a hole for a taste.


And it tastes sooo good, too!
(Even if I do say so myself. =p)


In short: It's crazy cheap to bake (only $2-3 AUD for everything including the mix!!), it didn't take too long (less than 1 hour, including preparation and baking time) and the recipe is sooo simple. (That's a triple win!) Just a few sliced potatoes, some milk, some cheese, the mix and an easy-to-use oven.


Gotta give that wunnerful oven some cyberspace
fame and lovin'
for being so darn easy to use. Haha.


Think I'll start looking out for more
easy-bake recipes from now on. Wheee!

4 comments :

lee ying chong said...

hi,
check it out in the drawer near the tv...there are some that you miight like...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: lee ying
– Just did! Saw the recipe books! Hahaha. Thanks, Aunty!

Lissa said...

*le gasp* Mixes??? Heresy.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Of le highest leglee. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!