Saturday, June 05, 2010

Stupid Overworking Brain

I've been dreaming a lot lately.

In fact, I've been having dreams
every night since I arrived in Australia.


At any other time with any other dream set, I think I'd be okay with it. But not now, and definitely not with this batch of dreams in particular. They're not exactly nightmares, but they're not much of a joy to have either. Worse, they usually come just before morning arrives so I often wake up feeling lousy about myself and the things around me cos it kinda sets the pace and ruins the whole day.


Sigh.


How do I make them stop? Or how do I, at the very least, partition them away from real life? Because I can't seem to do either right now.


Let me give you an example of what I mean.


If I dreamt that I risked my life and saved someone from some kind of danger, I'd worry till I see for myself that that person's okay in real life. And then... cos I spent all that mental energy (running about saving them in my dreams) and emotional energy (worrying myself sick upon waking up) on them, I'd be ticked off or upset (depending on who, how and when) because the other person's not at all nice, kind or grateful to me in return after all I've 'done'... in my dreams.


Sigh.

You see my problem now?
See how sick this cycle is???


I so need to learn to veto my brain into Shut Down mode at night so I can get off this ride. Cos right now, I'm not enjoying it one bit.

2 comments :

Leonard said...

Hmm... maybe there is a reason it happen.
A good way might be to decipher it rather than focusing on it?

for example ...maybe it tries to tell you to be impartial? Maybe forgive & forget...??

Sigh .. hope you continue to have a great time there..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Leonard
– Whoaaa. Meaning think about it after I wake up so I won't think about it when I sleep?

Hmmm... Maybe.

And I'm just starting to have a good time. Today's my first official day not working so I'm still getting into the groove of being on holiday. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!