Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Learning To Juggle

If you think I'm living the good life in a land far far away, lemmie tell you this: It's not all sunshine and roses. Being unemployed is hard work! Some days, I really feel like I've been conned into this world of make-believe niceness that doesn't actually exist.


Sure, seeing new sights, hearing new sounds and getting into new routines – generally being abroad – helps keep me perky for the most part. But there's the other part of unemployment that comes with a heavier responsibility than just spending time taking pictures of the riverside, the skies or of red spoons.


I've got a house to clean, clothes to launder, mouths to feed, dishes to wash... and on top of all that, I'm still full-time freelancing off-site for my accounts at MCKL. All these things have somehow left me with little or no time to do what I initially planned to do once I hit Australian soil. (Yes, you guys are right. I'm in Australia. =) So clever.)


You see, I wanted to blog lots. Catch up on holiday posts and AMA answers I long promised you guys. Sort out Tinki Talks' labels. Design new headers. Edit pictures. Read. Sort out my portfolio. Rework my iTunes Library from scratch. Basically, just chill and do what I've always wanted to do but never had time for when I was working.


But... so far, I've just been busy
doing much of everything else,
and little of what was initially planned.

Sigh.


Oh well, no time to mull over such sorry timetables. I've got 3 deadlines to meet, another load of laundry to wash and a pile of clothes to iron before the day is up. Catch ya later!

8 comments :

Puan Chong said...

O my dear Ah Peng...my "sum very tung" when I hear you cerita like that; take it easy la. Don't pamper them all the time ; pamper yourself little princess!

Simon Seow said...

You finally quits your job. Congrats!

jack said...

*grin* WOW *lookie* i've miss out ALOT..

Lissa said...

Breathe. Be still and know that He is God. <3

陳一豪 said...

Careful when you rework your iTunes.

It tends to mess up once in awhile, even the Time Machine backups.

choco said...

I see you've been picking up some aussie slangs.

catch/see ya later! :D

joshuaongys said...

i know... that you can do it wan =) no poberm!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Mrs. Lau
– Haha. Hi Aunty Poh. =)

No lah, life's not all bad here. Just gotta adjust to things and it's taking awhile cos I also have my own work to do.

Will start pampering when I'm no longer attached to MCKL! =D


ATTN: Simon Seow
– Haha. Yeah, I did! Thanks! =)


ATTN: Jack
– Indeed you have, Jack. Lots have changed. =p


ATTN: Lissa
– *breathing* *breathing*


ATTN: 陳一豪
– Haha. I don't use Time Machine. And I'm starting from scratch. Meaning, I extract all the files and wipe out my old iTunes library. @_@


ATTN: choco
– ??? That's an aussie slang!?


ATTN: joshuaongys
– Haha. Thanks for your vote of faith, JoshuaOYS!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!