Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Shoot

So yesterday turned out to be an exceptionally busy day for me. Knew that my daily workload would be a pain (Monday mah) but somehow, things always manage to take a turn for the worst where I work – the photoshoot was pushed forward on very super-duper short notice. I think I'm being taken for granted far too much if you ask me.


*glares at a certain Brand Manager*




You know you're at a full-fledged, hardcore photo studio
when table legs turn out to be dual-purposed tripods. -_-

Took that pic while I was sitting down getting
my face painted and my hair torn out.




You have no idea how much gunk found its way onto my face, man. It's criminal! And barbaric! I think my skin aged 10 years yesterday. =( The make-up artist's name was Ching and her palate was s-c-a-r-y...




So many colours, right!? 96 altogether.

And that's just the half of it.
She's got a whole case of make-up!!!




Crazy. See also know pro already lah.




And goodness, her brushes... also so, so very many! But bit dirty. (Yuckness.) I wondered when she last washed it... while she painted my face. Enjoyed the company of a good many scary thoughts while Ching worked her magic on me. That's the good thing about not having to do your own make-up... you get to daydream! Haha.


And, gosh! The way those hairstylists tug and pull at hair... BUTCHERS! You'd think they derived pleasure from other people's pain and misery or something. Don't see them soft soft, gay gay, okayyy. Pull pull, comb comb also can go botak wan wei!!! Oh, and don't get me started on hairspray. It's cans of tiny hair devils in aerosol form, I tell you. They needed lots and lots of it to keep my hair big and fluffed throughout the shoot.




My permanent curls kinda died already
so I had to get temp ones to last the day.

But... this part of the shoot quite boring lah. I bet
would have fallen asleep if it wasn't my first time.

*grin*

And then... before I knew it, the lights came on.




JENG JENG!

*gulp*


"Pam, come here." "Pam, we're ready for you." "Pam, sit here." Gosh, so many people calling my name, asking me to do things I didn't really wanna do. So much so that I just stopped being a fan of my name for awhile there. Cold feet, sia!!! Walk also leg shake; sit on stool also like can fall off. How to be full-time model lah if liddat!?


*falls off high chair*


Writing for a living may be less fun but it sure is a lot easier than looking good for food on your plate. Went home immediately after the shoot to wipe the gunk off and de-fluff my hair. The modern woman's secret weapon after an intense, make-up heavy photoshoot: Super power make-up remover!




I've been using LancĂ´me's for eyes and for face.
They both work really well for me. Quite power.
Even waterproof mascara comes off easily.


Last but not least, I tackled my mop of strands I used to call 'hair' whilst standing under a hot, steamy shower. I'm fortunate to have not been cheap with my choice of shampoo all this while. At least I'm pretty sure I got all the toxic gunk out. Lost quite a bit of hair cos of the pulling and tugging, though. =(




Sigh. Botak-ness. So sakit hati lah. To be honest, I'm surprised only so little came off. I thought I'd have shed handfuls by now. Oh, and I woke up with terribly hideous looking kinks in my hair today. -_-


The pics had better turn out good.


p/s: I know that last pic's a tad gross but I had to prove a point. Sorry you had to be at the receiving end of it. =p I wish you long life with lots of hair, okay? Now we're even. *grin*

18 comments :

haan said...

u still got time to take all these photos? they didn't throw u an odd eye?

Anonymous said...

haha... as i said ma.... no pain no gain...

at least u know how the models life would be...

the experience is something u gain...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: haan
– Haha. No lah. They were pretty nice. Even took shots of me for me. Haha. Plus, I found out that people are pretty nice to their models. Angry models don't smile.

*grin*

I love having the upper hand.


ATTN: CS
– Yes. I agree. It's about the experience. Good experience lah overall. Very good. Don't think I'd mind doing it again if they paid me well for it.

Unknown said...

in a nutshell, i dont see your face anywhere =.=

Pam Song said...

ATTN: JacksonywL
– Good observation. And... in a nutshell, I don't post pictures of myself on Tinki Talks. Haha. Not yet anyways. We'll see if I like the way the pics turn out, okay? And we'll see if I decide that they're worth changing Tinki Talks' no-picture policy. =p

Accyee said...

WHY NO PICS OF U WAN? I DEMAND!!!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Abby
– Haha. I shy.

*blush*

JuLJuL said...

haha. pictures please? =D i'm sure u look good. heh heh.

Pam Song said...

ATTN JuLJuL
– Haha. You never know wan. I saw there is not too bad lah. But... you never know!!! -_-'

Stress. Haha. But thanks for saying I'll look good. Couldn't seem to find any wedding-ish pics on your blog. Show some lah!!!

...or did I just do a lousy search? =(

Two Hands Caricaturist and 1 cut 2 pieces Silhouette Artist said...

Ah, interesting blog!
http://sg-entertainer.blogspot.com

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Shadow Cutting
– Haha. Thanks! =p

Winsor said...

hey its very cool. haha! I also wanna be a model for a day!!!

Anonymous said...

Aiseh! Model woh! For which advert? We folks wanna look......Just like Melanie in Olay advert?

Wingz said...

oi i want see the model pic la!!! cilaka lu bruff 9 us wan!!! mana got model piktures la??!!

Anonymous said...

very interesting. youd think theyd take better care of their models.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Winsor
– You sure you want meh? Haha. It's tough being a model!


ATTN: adrian
– Haha. I'm not telling. If you see, you see. If you don't see, you don't see. HAHAHAHA.


ATTN: Wingz
– Haha. I said I was a model but I didn't say you guys would get to see pics of me also! Haha. So typical of you guys lah. Always wanna see models only. Shame on you! Hamsap bugger. Haha.


ATTN: MouldyBread
– Yeah, man. Now you know the truth. But the person they shot before me was Fasha Sandha (Malaysian celebrity). They treated her like a queen, man!!! Maybe cos I not big shot enough. Haha.

Anonymous said...

you post your pic on tinkitox den ur nangs will go higher man...

try it...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: k.lo
– No way! I don't even know how I look. What if I look absolutely horrendous!?! Cannnnooooootttt!!!

And UNCLE! It's Tinki TALKS! TALKS! TALKS!!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!