Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Superhuman Tri-Lingual Abilities

Was grocery shopping with The Housemate yesterday night. *rolls eyes* And if there's one thing I can't take while shopping, it's never ending talk of wanting something so badly but no action to just silence that talk for good. Just make the darn purchase and be done with it lah. So hard meh?


You see, The Housemate wanted something (I don't know why but I can't remember what it was already) and he just didn't want to fork out the money for it. (Yes, it's a guy. Can you believe that?! I thought only women shopped this way!!!)


And believe me when I say, the dude has A LOT of money stashed away in some top secret Swiss bank account that's probably operated under a discreet nom de plume, okay. It's NOT that he doesn't have the money for whatever it was he wanted. Plus, we were at TESCO (-_-) so there's absolutely no excuse.


So in mock frustration, I went,
"Neh me mai lah. Um sai kam kiam siap."


That made him stop in his tracks and I thought to myself, "That's it lah. He's going to grab some budget RM7.88-for-2-packs toilet paper and pound me to mush with it. Die die die."


And then he started laughing.

0_0

Uh, like what's so funny, yo?


The Housemate: Say that again!!!

Pam Song: *confused* Uh... Neh me mai lah. Um sai kam kiam siap. (English Translation: Nevermind. Don't need to be so stingy.) WHAT!?

The Housemate: *amidst hysterical laughter* Why got three languages wan??? HAHA HAHA HAHA.

Pam Song: *still confused* Huh?


1. English: Neh me mai = Never mind

2. Cantonese: Um sai kam = No need so

3. Hokkien:
Kiam siap = Stingy

-_-


Oh well, at least he's got a sense of humour.

Being laughed at beats getting
smothered by budget toilet paper.

4 comments :

Kirsten said...

robl

m trying to hear how canto sounds like coming out of your mouth..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kirsten
– Thou shall not doubt my canto-speaking abilities.

Kirsten said...

kwel

lets yack in 'kong fu wah' the next time we meet

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kirsten
– Haha. Hor yee, hor yee. Mou man thai.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!