Thursday, August 12, 2010

Colour Boards

Yes yes! The Fiancé and I finally almost kinda sorta maybe came to a decision on the colours we'd want around us during our wedding! =D


We haven't locked down a location yet – don't nag on how ridiculous we're being, please? – but the possibilities seem to be pointing toward a garden wedding. So, at least we know Green's gonna be big on the palette. Heh. With that, we realised that what we needed now was just an extra colour or two from opposite side of the colour wheel that would contrast while they complement.


So this is what we're looking at right now:


Colour Board 1.


So? Whaddaya think?
Classy and not too girly girl, right? =)


Needless to say, there will be white (my dress) and black (the men's suits) in the list of colours used. But for the other members of the groom's party and the bridal party, I'm thinking muted shades of green as the primary colour for the boys' attire, and deliciously rich, royal purple as the primary colour for the girls. Just so the boys don't end up feeling sissy, and my girls still get to feel like a million bucks shing-shing-ing their way through our big day. =)


But it's probably gonna be
subject to some minor changes.


Finding flowers in such strong shades of purple could pose a problem in tropical Malaysia. (And I'm not a big fan of purple orchids. Harhar.) So just for the flowers – not the wedding attire – we might have to use this palette with lots of white, pale purple and pink-tipped blooms, as reference instead.


Colour Board 2.


Hopefully not, but see how lah. Haha. It's still very preliminary at the moment. Gotta see if everything really works with the location we have in mind first. I'd like the colours to pop so everything looks happy happy joy joy. But we've also gotta be careful to make sure it doesn't come out appearing jeng jeng, too. But for now, until the location is confirmed, this is gonna be it. =)


So... feedback, anyone? =)


p/s: I'm so sorry but I can't for the life of me remember where I grabbed all those pictures I used in my colour boards from so just know that they're not mine (duh) and that somebody deserves the credit for it. I just don't know who. -_-

26 comments :

ming said...

i like the second group.
ur wed is in m'sia, very hard to find a lot of things in those colors one!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ming
– Ya, that's why. T_T So maybe just for flowers, have to be the second board. But clothes can still be the first board.

Lissa said...

Pretty!

Oh, in case you haven't heard, there's Perseid meteor shower tonight, best view from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. I dunno if you can see it in Perth, but I'm sure you have your ways of finding it out. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Thanks. Although all I did was find pictures and put them together. =p

And NO! I didn't know there was gonna be a shower. I'll check it out. Thanks! =)

zecount said...

well there's always purple roses u know

zecount said...

if i'm not wrong ... there also purple tiger lilies .. mayb u should consult a florist for the colours ... i think the first board is doable

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Yeah but dark purple roses tend to look black. And they're dyed. Not natural. Eustomas come in purple. But they're pale which could be nice.

But yeah. We need to go back and talk to the pros before we decide on anything. =) Do tiger lilies smell like white lilies? Cos I LOVE THE SMELL! Not big on the look of purple ones though.

zecount said...

i dun think the purple roses are dyed... i delivered a bunch before .. if memory serves me right it's pale .. like the plum in the colour board ... as for smell of purple lilies .. i have no idea

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Like the ones at Shirley's wedding? Not deep purple also. =( And usually the purple ones look so gothic. So... dunno how lah. I dun mind fair colour flowers though. They may stand out better than dark purple against green in the garden.

Lissa said...

You're welcome! :) Hope we get to see it. *crosses fingers*

gracielau said...

NO PURPLE DRESSES!
boys wear purple, girls wear green.
or
BLUE....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I didn't see it. Did you?


ATTN: gracielau
– NO BLUE!

Lissa said...

I didn't, either. It was too cloudy! T_T

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Too bad for us then.

Willett said...

Herm...1 group seems to suit you more but as what ming says, it is quite hard to find that colour here in msia.

can't you mix both as you mentioned as well?

jfook said...

I like the first one.

Lissa said...

There's another one tonight, though. <.< Imma try again.

ming said...

you can always check out the flower warehouse in bangsar. lol
floristika!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Willett
– Yeah, for now, that's the plan. Haha. Thanks!


ATTN: jfook
– Haha. Great! Us, too. =p


ATTN: Lissa
– ISSIT??


ATTN: ming
– I doubt I'll be getting married in KL. So... to transport the flowers up will be... hard.

cuilin said...

first board. for sure.

both of you have fair skin. if you choose color board 2, then everything will blend in, nothing stands out.

1st color board is more unique and daring/memorable. everybody uses pink/light colors. so you sudnt. =D

Lissa said...

By golly, she's right. And if anyone can pull it off, it's you. :P

And yes, there's supposed to be another night of showers, but it's cloudy here. AGAIN. >.< *heartbroken*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: cuilin
- Designer, you make perfect logical sense! Oh what would I do without you?? =)

But yeah, we didn't want a regular wedding look. Wanted it a little more different than all the other weddings we've seen about town. Hopefully the flowers will be able to keep up. =p


ATTN: Lissa
- Haha. Yup. We're both fair so that makes sense. Haha.

And is there another shower tmr? Or have you run out of days?

Lissa said...

I don't know. Mebbe one last night tonight? But I can't be sure. We've had nothing but cloudy skies, so I'm sorely disappointed. :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Have you given up already? =p

Lissa said...

Yes. -.-

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Aww, there there. I'm sure some other comet, star or shower will come by soon enough. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!